Home Treadmill

Options
I've had a "Deadmill," before. Although boring, as most exercise is, I need a treadmill because the weather in Kentucky is just at times just not suitable for outdoor exercise.

I've done a lot of research and am down to the Sole F80, the Nordic Track commercial 1750 and the Pro form Pro 2000.

Anyone out there care to share opinions and especially with installation and maintenance. I'm not big on either. Gym deadmills are all destroyed and the belts are ruined. They all wobble and jump disturbingly.

I hope you folks can help me make the decision as to which of these bends my plastic:)

brendan

Replies

• hermann341
    hermann341 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I've got the Proform Pro 2000. It's in my garage as I got it already assembled and slightly used (20 miles?). Haven't tried using any of the built in routines, but it has run like a champ for over 12 months and 1000 miles. The timer only counts up to 99 minutes before the machine will shut off, so I can just about do a half marathon at a single go.
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    I have the Sole F80. I can offer that it has quick-select buttons for 5mph and 6mph, but that it slightly less convenient to run at, say, 5.5mph. It will continue past 99 minutes without shutting off, but the timer will roll over. The built-in routines are... ok. The programmable feature will allow for a program with 18 equal intervals totaling to a workout length of your choosing. I haven't figured out how to program it to do a run interval of 5 minutes followed by a walk interval of 30 seconds - I don't think it supports that. Most importantly, I don't think it is calibrated correctly, despite the recalibration that I performed, following the procedure in the manual.

Assembly was required, it wasn't too bad - but I enjoy assembling IKEA products, so YMMV. It folds up, but it doesn't fold *completely* up. It folds to a "V" shape that seems most convenient for walking your head into. We leave it unfolded - tripping hazard is a less serious issue for us than something we'll walk into. I've lubed the belt once since we got it 5 months ago. I am not as diligent with maintenance as I should be, so I haven't taken any covers off to vacuum pet hair out (the manual suggests that this is done every 30 days). The treadmill will alert you after 90 hours of use to check the lubrication. Those are the only things suggested in the manual in regards to maintenance, but there are further instructions for centering the belt - in case it begins to track to one side. Mine has not. It seems like a pretty solid machine, so far.
  • brendanstallard
    brendanstallard Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    hermann341 wrote: »
    I've got the Proform Pro 2000. It's in my garage as I got it already assembled and slightly used (20 miles?). Haven't tried using any of the built in routines, but it has run like a champ for over 12 months and 1000 miles. The timer only counts up to 99 minutes before the machine will shut off, so I can just about do a half marathon at a single go.

Herman,

Very helpful....thank you. I am just a walker, so that sounds fine for me. Thank you so much.

brendan
  • brendanstallard
    brendanstallard Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    <<<Assembly was required, it wasn't too bad - but I enjoy assembling IKEA products>>>

Autumn,

I hardly know what to say:)

As above, I'm getting a proper tech person to install/fix it up. I'm done with the years of DIY and then spending $5K to fix it. I'm utterly useless at DIY and I have learned from life:)

<<<We leave it unfolded>>>

I have space..plenty of. I know I'm lucky.

30 days seems reasonable. Is it a tank, as reviews suggest, but a bit light on programming?

Thanks very much. I really didn't expect a lot of response, but this is lovely.

Thank you.

brendan
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    My husband has used it a few times. I've convinced him to try a little running (his programmed workout is 3 x 1 minute running, 5 minute walking intervals) and it's not too wobbly for him at 280 lbs.