Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Questions About Calorie Shifting/Zig Zagging

Has anyone tried calorie shifting or "zig zagging"? If so let me know how it worked out for you? Results seen? For how long? Is there a best time to implement this? Like when you've plateued, or throughout your weight loss, or once you've hit your goals & are maintaining?

Replies

• kazsjourney
    kazsjourney Posts: 263 Member
    I have had lots of success with "calorie cycling". And lost prolly 100+ pounds of my weight via it. And lost the 100 pounds or so within about 18 months. A lot of people on MFP dont believe it will work and I cannot explain it but my body did respond really well to it. If you google "wendie plan" there is a site that comes up that I based how I worked it out on. Basically I weighed in tuesday mornings....day before weigh in was always a low calorie day and saturdays I always did as a high calorie day...the rest of the days i just did a couple hundred calories above or below the average range. I started the calorie cycling when I had a 7 month plateau and it broke it. Currently I am not doing it as I am closer to goal and dont think the low calorie days at this stage will help...but I may use it again. :)