To gym or not to gym

Options
I've spent the last few weeks doing medium impact classes and gym workouts most days (I think I've had about 2 rest days) and I've been on 3k runs about 3 times a week. Yesterday and today I've been absolutely knackered (I guess I mean really really tired in American). But I don't think there's anything physically wrong with me apart from being tired. I'm booked in for a kettlecise class this evening - my first one - should I go or should I cancel?

Replies

• tubzzy77
    tubzzy77 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert but being "knackered" is usually your body's way of telling you to chill out and take a rest day since it needs to recover.
  • eating4me
    eating4me Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Over the years, I've learned to listen to my body. There's a difference between "I'm just too lazy to do a workout today", or "I really need to get some rest". It sounds to me like you probably need a rest day, but only you can determine that. (2 rest days in "a few weeks", though, definitely isn't giving your body enough time for recovery) I'll bet if you took a rest day, you'd find you'd have much greater energy & enthusiasm for your next scheduled workout! I'd also review your diet over the last few weeks, to be sure you're keeping up with your macros. Good luck!
  • beatgirl98
    beatgirl98 Posts: 17
    Options
    Thanks guys...I ended up feeling a bit more energetic and motivated and went, enjoyed it (mostly!). I took it fairly easy though.

Will definitely have a look at my diet though...I'm thinking I need to make sure I'm getting enough protein and vitamins.