Pregnancy: 50lbs Gone in 2months!

Options
Hey everyone,

This be my second pregnancy and I managed to gain 80lbs during. My starting weight was somewhere between 125/128lbs. I was fit, active, ate clean and barely had any take out. During pregnancy I ate the complete opposite and due to nausea that made me sleep and eat what I could hold down: pastas, burgers (take out) and lots of sushi. Oh and sweets? Yeah. A heck of a lot. I weighed 205 - 208lbs in the end.

Here's how fast it melted away:

The first month May 12th - 31st: I lost 30lbs
The second month June 1st - 30th: lost 18lbs
The third July: So far 2lbs in 7days.

I weigh 158lbs now.. only 30 - 35lbs more and loads of toning!

So now Im aiming 2lbs a week which is the norm. I should be at 125 by end of October if all goes well. In November I'll be joining a gym to strength train with a professional to really get back my body and then some :)

Anyone else losing baby weight and if so how's it going?

Replies

• trinibabe069
    trinibabe069 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm still trying to lose my baby weight. my daughter is 19 mths and Im loosing weight.. I lost the weight I gained during pregnancy. but I"m trying to get back to the weight I was before I had her which was 135-140 ... my biggest trouble area is my tummy.... needs to get it down with lots of toning..
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating??
  • notwaitin
    notwaitin Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I had the exact stats, started out mid 120's and ballooned up to 187. I can't believe how much garbage I could and did eat. I was 33 with my first and then 36 with my second...gaining 50-60lbs each time. I'm now 40 and the weight is gone! I attribute it to weights. I wasted a lot of time running around aimlessly without a plan, hitting a treadmill, then elliptical and classes and nothing really happened until I started lifting heavy. I'm now running around in a bikini at the lakes...unbelievable for me! I say don't wait until November, get to the PT :-) This all of course with the help of MFP and tracking my cals/macros. Good Luck!
  • charlenelynch
    charlenelynch Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Very cool. Thanks so much for the advice, and big congrats to you mdear!
  • charlenelynch
    charlenelynch Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Serah87: I was eating 1200 (bare minimum) to shrink the fat cells fast, along with simple cardio which started in June after my recovery. I now eat 1330 - 1530 depending on my activity levels. Nothing fancy to be honest.. I did it this way with my second and lost 55lbs in no time. What takes the longest is of course the toning. I'm joining a gym soon to get my muscles back lol I cant right now because my son needs his milk!

You look amazingly fit, if you want can I add you to my short list of friends? I need advice on building muscles and I prefer getting advice from someone who did the course not the online lectures. Thanks
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I had to gain weight back after two back to back pregnancies, I ended up 35 under my ideal weight! I had to get strong again and build my stamina back up, being pregnant for two years was hard!! Congrats on the good start!
  • casandra_zamarripa
    casandra_zamarripa Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I just had a baby june 3rd I gained 50plus pounds while preg Im starting back to the gym monday! Any advice on how to get this mommy belly and skin gone? tips? This is my first child so im not sure what to expect from my boddy this weight loss journey I would love for all mommies to add me and also id love to see b4 and after pics ;)
  • eshnna
    eshnna Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I just had a baby june 3rd I gained 50plus pounds while preg Im starting back to the gym monday! Any advice on how to get this mommy belly and skin gone? tips? This is my first child so im not sure what to expect from my boddy this weight loss journey I would love for all mommies to add me and also id love to see b4 and after pics ;)

You probably heard this before but it took you 9 months to get there so give yourself sometime. Some women have incredible good genes and are able to bounce back faster than others and others (like myself) have the mommy belly hanging in there. I am small but my first daughter stretched me out a lot and although I lost the weight she left me with a "mommy apron". I started the journey again after my second and just focusing on getting back to my old clothes. I will deal with the flab later. I am an apple shape so the last place I loose weight is my belly (frustrating but knowing this makes me take it easy on myself). Anyway because of that, I am doing before and afters of my back rolls, haha. I have seen a big improvement already.
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Awesome work, OP - bet it feels good to have made so much progress so far. Good luck getting the rest of those pounds off, you can do it!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    carrying a baby would add 15 - 25 pounds to an average woman's weight - so of the 50 you lost, are you including the 25 from the baby, water, and placenta? If so, then 5lbs lost in the first month is a great and reasonable loss.

breastfeeding also helps shed some weight, but just be sure that you are getting enough calories to fuel your body AND your baby's if you are still breastfeeding.

remember... you may have packed the weight on fast, but sometimes it's wiser and easier on the body to lose at a slower / steadier rate (especially since your body is probably reeling from the shock of pregnancy, fast weight gain and rapid loss). It's not a race.

Congrats on the baby and on the loss. Here's to a steady sustainable loss going forward!
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options

Awe, you had your baby on MY babies 1st birthday!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!