Surprised!

Options
This morning, I was scared to death about weighing myself. I was afraid I hadn't lost anything because everything I own fit a bit tighter but the scale said 278!! I am thrilled to see that number. The last time I saw under 280 pounds was 2006. This has been a HUGE step for me. I am going to keep going and see where I end up.

Did anyone else have that problem where like a week nothing fit right because it was tight? I thought maybe I was just retaining water which still could be the thing since I have lost some weight because my shirts fit looser and I had to tighten my bra straps and hooks to make it fit now.

Replies

• Kelley528
    Kelley528 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I have been retaining water horribly but didnt even realize it. All my pants didnt fit as loosely and I was on a plateau for about 4 months. I was scared to do my saturday weigh in 2 weeks ago because of it. I did it anyway and as per usual I had fluctuated 1.5 lbs. I've gotten use to these stupid fluctuations and know I have not been truly gaining weight. It wasn't until that same day that for some reason I started peeing like a freak that I decided to weigh myself the next Sunday morning. I had lost 2.5 lbs just from water retention. That was actually my lowest weight in 4 months even though my pants fit tighter I was the lowest weight I had been.

Damn bloating and water retention.
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Congrats babe! You're well on your way!! :drinker:

(Edited because my dog hit enter before I was done! lol)
  • kitten9786
    kitten9786 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I know! It sucks so much but I was told to take some pill to help with water retention but I can't remember what it was. Oh well, I will just keep going forward. Winter is when I stop with the water retention but summer it is there.
  • vmckinzey
    vmckinzey Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • kitten9786
    kitten9786 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! I'm pretty non movement type of person because it hurts to walk for any length of time and found more and more weight comes off the less it hurtw!!