Does it matter WHEN you workout?

Options
2»

Replies

• b_neroni
    b_neroni Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I run at night. It's better to move then not at all. Try some herbal tea to help relax at night; I don't really know if this works. Good luck!
  • Adrobins
    Adrobins Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I think only one person got it right in all the answers. The "good answer is" don't go too late, which is normally early afternoon, otherwise it will disturb your sleep. - that is... if you work during the day..
  • AspenDan
    AspenDan Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I work overnight, and don't eat during that shift, so since dinner was about 8pm, at 3am when I go to do cardio, I'm decently fasted. Then, a like 8am I get to go to bed and I certainly notice how much easier it is to fall asleep after a good cardio session. I think I'm getting the best of both worlds here :]
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Adrobins wrote: »
    I think only one person got it right in all the answers. The "good answer is" don't go too late, which is normally early afternoon, otherwise it will disturb your sleep. - that is... if you work during the day..

For you maybe. I can workout and go straight to bed. i frequently do evening workouts.
  • Adrobins
    Adrobins Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Adrobins wrote: »

For you maybe. I can workout and go straight to bed. i frequently do evening workouts.

Not for me. I'm the same way. What I said there was based on various research results. Let's say that the "average person" isn't a good reference, knowing how people take good care of themselves in general hehe.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    There is a _slight_ advantage w/r/t fat burn by exercising before eating in the morning,
    but if that doesn't fit your lifestyle then don't do it.
    It's more important that you exercise, whenever you get to it.

The reason is that overnight, when you're not eating, you're pulling more glycogen (stored carbs) to replace
    glucose (blood sugar, immediately available energy),
    so once you get to exercising you're lower on that & pulling more from fat. But the difference isn't big.
    Yes, you're burning glucose & glycogen & fat all the time, in different amounts.