Night binging

Options
So here's my problem, I'll do amazing during the day then once my daughters in bed and I'm relaxing my cravings /hunger hits hard and I completly ruin the day. I don't deprive myself, I don't skip meals and I drink a good amount of water so I know it's not my body's way of telling me i need it all.
How do you guys fight this? I would love to just go to bed and avoid it all but I'm not going to bed at 8!

Replies

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Don't put your daughters to bed till midnight.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Save calories so you can have a favorite treat after you put your child to bed.
  • hanyboudy
    hanyboudy Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Try low calories fruits. Or skimmed yogurt
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Save calories so you can have a favorite treat after you put your child to bed.

There you go.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Are you taking any sleep drugs? The only time I ever did this was when I was taking Ambien.

What about eating dinner later or having a (planned, budgeted) snack close to bedtime?
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    by eating a huge bowl of air popped popcorn in the night. Which i fit in my calorie allowance
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »

I giggled
  • hanyboudy
    hanyboudy Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Maybe also any vegetables. And eat it slowly
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    Eat more filling foods during the day, or have bigger meals and fewer snacks, or up your calories a bit (go to .5 lbs/week).
  • Horrorfox
    Horrorfox Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Have you thought about trying a protein shake before you go to bed? Or how about some cottage cheese with berries (weighed to the gram to fit in your caloric limit)?
  • kitkatkarr
    kitkatkarr Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I eat a big meal of protein which last me for the majority of the day. Not sure if this will work for you and how you can manage something of this sort within your schedule.
  • lmkelly679
    lmkelly679 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I usually have a sweet at night like a weight watcher ice cream bar.
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    Haha!

tomatoey wrote: »
    Eat more filling foods during the day, or have bigger meals and fewer snacks, or up your calories a bit (go to .5 lbs/week).
    That's a really good idea, I might snack too much. I'll start cutting back and increase my meals. Thank you!

You guys are amazing... And quick!!!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    A weight watchers bar wouldn't be enough for me either. I would need that AND a bag of popcorn. Pre-logging is your friend.
  • lmkelly679
    lmkelly679 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    A weight watchers bar wouldn't be enough for me either. I would need that AND a bag of popcorn. Pre-logging is your friend.

I'll try both lol.
  • jesikalovesyou
    jesikalovesyou Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I am doing intermittent fasting. I'm "breaking my fast" around 9am and eating my last meal of the day at 5pm. This helps me keep my late night snacking in check. They're not strenuous rules, but they keep me in check. You might can push your "breakfast" until 12 and eat a snack after your kids go to bed. This way you are eating the same amount of food all day, just later.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    When I really, really want to do a hand-to-mouth thing, I'll eat lettuce. It is about as close to calorie-free as you can get and gives you crunch with the white stuff if you want crunch.

Breaking a junk food craving is just a matter of determination. You make up you mind that you're not going to do it and if it pops into your head that you'd like to, you just stop that short with an emphatic mental NO and move on to thinking about something else.

The more you resist, the more resisting becomes your habit. Then it gets easier and easier until one day you're thinking, "I can't believe I used to be like that."

Bad habits ARE hard to break, but not impossible. You can do it!
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    When I really, really want to do a hand-to-mouth thing, I'll eat lettuce. It is about as close to calorie-free as you can get and gives you crunch with the white stuff if you want crunch.

Breaking a junk food craving is just a matter of determination. You make up you mind that you're not going to do it and if it pops into your head that you'd like to, you just stop that short with an emphatic mental NO and move on to thinking about something else.

The more you resist, the more resisting becomes your habit. Then it gets easier and easier until one day you're thinking, "I can't believe I used to be like that."

But i dont see nothing wrong with eating something in the evening.
    So when she has/make the room for it why not?
    I dont think that eating in the evening is a bad habit at all.

• bogwoppt1
    bogwoppt1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I tend to enjoy eating later at night, so I eat lighter during the day so I can.

I skip breakfast, eat a light lunch, a decent dinner and the odd protein snack.

Tonight I got home at 10:15pm and ate three dill pickle slices, 3 slices of prosciutto, a Trader Joe five seed almond bar, washing it down with a cup of almond milk and one scoop of vega choc a lot smoothie. About 500 cals, all included in my days allowance of cals and all with some nutritional value.

my advice is eat what you want, when you want, just make it fit your calorie goals.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »

But i dont see nothing wrong with eating something in the evening.
    So when she has/make the room for it why not?
    I dont think that eating in the evening is a bad habit at all.

She asked for advice on how to break the habit. That's mine. That's how I did it.

You are free to give whatever advice you wish, even if it's, "I don't think you should break the habit. I think you should change how you eat during the day so that you can eat that stuff at night." I assure you that I won't say you shouldn't give your advice and will thank you not to challenge mine.