If I average at least 6,000 steps a day...

Is that considered sendentary? Because that's what I've got mine set to and about 50% of the time I feel hungry and having a hard time staying in my calorie goal for losing 1 pound a week. Granted, I've only been doing this a couple of weeks so I'm still learning.

Oh, and that 6,000 steps does not include my runs/walks. That gets logged separately.

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    how much time are you sitting down ? I've done 5000 steps today going to a shop, coffee place and library. But I was sat down the rest of the time which I would regard as sedentary.
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Is that considered sendentary? Because that's what I've got mine set to and about 50% of the time I feel hungry and having a hard time staying in my calorie goal for losing 1 pound a week. Granted, I've only been doing this a couple of weeks so I'm still learning.

Oh, and that 6,000 steps does not include my runs/walks. That gets logged separately.

Why are you not including runs and walks? I don't get it - you need to include those to decide if you're sedentary, lightly active, moderately active, or whatever.
  • ambuford21
    ambuford21 Posts: 30 Member
    Because right now I'm not consistently doing them due to an injury. So I'm slowly trying to get back into being able to run and then log those calories burned during exercise and then eat those back.

I do have a desk job and that's why I set it to sedentary. But "the" recommendation is 10,000 steps a day, it seems like doing 6,000 a day is more than a sedentary person.

I try not to get into the community threads to much because every time I read it, I get all stressed out and discouraged. But I'm already confused right now so I'm taking a leap of faith here.
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    6000 a day (only) is considered sedentary. Lightly active is 7000-10000.