Exercise doesn't have to kill you

Options
2»

Replies

• CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    What doesn't kill you makes you smell funny.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    What exactly is runner's high? I used to run in high school with one of my friends from the cross country team. All I ever did was hurl? I was running hard too, to keep up with her and she was one of the best one's on that team. Is runner's high something we can get from other activities too? Like how long do you have to walk to get it?
    Runners high - when you run for so long that suddenly that dragged out I'm dead feeling turns into this is better then sex euphoric drugged up feeling. I've never experienced it. Arthritis kicks in before I get there :p
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Pshaw. Heresy!

Next you'll tell us that you can get to a healthier weight/body composition while still eating the foods you love, just fewer of them.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Agreed...I'd also add that having a training purpose (beyond calorie burning) has helped me immensely...my fitness routine is far more intelligent now that it actually has a purpose. Calorie burn is just a bi-product of my fitness now.
  • cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    bump, I'm in a hurry right now
  • murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I had a similar epiphany. Mine however was that you don’t have to exercise excessively to have good results. I started out slow 2-3 days a week and now since I enjoy it more I exercise 3-4 days a week and have had great results. I exercise efficiently not excessively. And other days I might do a little walking or bike riding for fun but I don’t consider that exercise, just being active. But I don’t adhere to the working out 6-7 days a week, I would just get burned out too fast and it’s not necessary.