Extra calories

Options
I know that this has been asked before but I walk 6 miles a day. Mfp says I burn 600 calories which I think is ridiculous. I only put 200 on and then eat them back. I've been at 139lbs for 6 weeks and wondered if this has anything to do with it. I'm 5ft female and started in january and have lost 24 lbs. Do you think I've stalled because of the extra 200 calories I eat back..thanks

Replies

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    It could be, but there are other things it could be, too. Do you weigh everything you eat? Did you include the walking in your activity level when you signed up? What weekly weight loss goal have you got MFP set to? Can you open your diary?
  • ibnfaqir
    ibnfaqir Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    For the time (2-3 weeks) being don't eat back the calories. Tighten logging.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    You're right. A 5' 0" 139 pound woman isn't going to burn 100 calories per mile walking. It's more than likely that you aren't eating as few calories as you really think you are. Have you adjusted your calorie intake as you've lost weight? Are you weighing your food and logging everything? This chart created by @lemonlionheart may help:

a37btb7mxb3t.jpg

Here's a great post about keeping a food diary that might offer some insight: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10191216/the-most-important-thing-you-can-do-to-lose-weight

If you still have questions, please ask.