Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What is your body type? Do you exercise for it?

unmatcheddiscipline
unmatcheddiscipline Posts: 101 Member
edited July 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
Here is a free safe web link to calculate what your body type is:

bodybuilding.com/fun/becker3.htm

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    edited July 2015
    I always thought the somatotypes were pretty useless.

btw im actually a xenomorph.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    I always thought the somatotypes were pretty useless.

You thought correct.

• unmatcheddiscipline
    I don't know if this stuff is real. I thought all of this time I was a Mesomorph, now its saying I'm an Endomorph. I just want to morph to a fit and smaller body. :neutral:
  • KenziesFrenzies
    KenziesFrenzies Posts: 1,014 Member
    edited July 2015
    How am I supposed to know how thick my joints are?
    Can I base that off of having wrists & ankles on the slender side?

According to the thing, I'm between an Mesomorph and an Endomorph.

Not that I know what any of that even means. >_>
  • yopeeps025
    I don't know if this stuff is real. I thought all of this time I was a Mesomorph, now its saying I'm an Endomorph. I just want to morph to a fit and smaller body. :neutral:

eat less move more. That is how you get a fit smaller body unless you have a medical issue.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member

No one is 100% anything. Somatotypes do not dictate 'disadvantages' or 'advantages' of your body. It's based off of a 1940's experiment by Dr William Sheldon who was trying to find similar traits between body types. It's not really based on anything to do with the body... hence, the uselessness.
  • demoiselle2014
    demoiselle2014 Posts: 474 Member
    Ha! I didn't anticipate that this thread would be about somatotypes.

I was going to come here and say that I'm a pear with narrow shoulders, so I'm trying to build some arm/shoulder/back muscle to balance me out visually.
  • yopeeps025

I was going to come here and say that I'm a pear with narrow shoulders, so I'm trying to build some arm/shoulder/back muscle to balance me out visually.

Well they way you describe yourself they have lots of songs for. "She get it from her momma."
  • demoiselle2014
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

Well they way you describe yourself they have lots of songs for. "She get it from her momma."

LOL, I don't think those songs are about my particular booty shape, though, even if I am a pear. Mostly, me being a pear means that I have no chest.

• unmatcheddiscipline

LOL, I don't think those songs are about my particular booty shape, though, even if I am a pear. Mostly, me being a pear means that I have no chest.

I wish I was a pear, these tits are annoying. Big tits are overrated, and get in the way.
  • yopeeps025

hold on I thing I can find one that is for pear shape. Give me a quick second to search spotify.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member

It says I'm an ectomorph and a mesomorph and I should weight train and avoid weight training. Great site.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    bodytype: awesome
    Training style: kick *kitten*

so yes. I suppose I do.
  • unmatcheddiscipline
    sofaking6 wrote: »

It says I'm an ectomorph and a mesomorph and I should weight train and avoid weight training. Great site.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: right!!! Darn tards!
  • unmatcheddiscipline
    JoRocka wrote: »
    bodytype: awesome
    Training style: kick *kitten*

so yes. I suppose I do.

Go girl!!! :wink:
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Eh, I don't really follow somatypes. I know that I lose fat/weight fastest from my legs and arms and that I don't have as much muscle/strength as a comparable women (height/weight) who have more curves(muscle) in their hips/butts/thighs. I wouldn't say that it makes a difference in my training other than having slower progress with adding weight to my squats.
  • demoiselle2014
    edited July 2015
    If I take that test, it tells me simultaneously to avoid aerobic exercise and to engage in it, to lift heavy and slowly, but at a moderate pace with moderate-to-heavy weights, and to eat more than I'm used to, but watch out for slow-creeping fat gains.

Hm. Reads like a horoscope.
  • unmatcheddiscipline
    If I take that test, it tells me simultaneously to avoid aerobic exercise and to engage in it, to lift heavy and slowly, but at a moderate pace with moderate-to-heavy weights, and to eat more than I'm used to, but watch out for slow-creeping fat gains.

Hm. Reads like a horoscope.

I know right, I feel cray for even adhering to it before.