Healthy Diet/Face Break Out

Options
Hello my dear friends! I have really enjoyed coming back to My Fitness Pal! It has been so wonderful meeting new people and staying motivated to continue this weight loss journey and ultimately achieve my goals. Here is the thing, my face has been breaking out a TON. I mean a lot. I understand it could be hormonal, but the most recent things I have changed are my diet and exercise routine. Does anyone have any suggestions of how to clear my face up?
Thanks so much and I am always looking for new people to connect with so we can all help motivate and encourage one another on this fitness journey.
Blessings!
Love,
Ruthy

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Unremoved makeup + sweat + sunscreen is always a breakout driver for me. I try to always clean my face before working out and then cleaning my face afterwards (if you're worried about drying it out, try using a gentle cleansing wipe before a workout).
  • SkinnyRuthy
    SkinnyRuthy Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I did put sunscreen on my face on Sunday. Maybe that is what did it! Thank you @janejellyroll and LOL at your name. So silly. haha :smiley:
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I did put sunscreen on my face on Sunday. Maybe that is what did it! Thank you @janejellyroll and LOL at your name. So silly. haha :smiley:

I don't know if you're already using them, but there are "clear face" sunscreens that are designed to help avoid breakouts. I use Neutrogena, but there are probably other brands. It helped me dramatically. Good luck! I hate having to deal with break outs -- I never thought they'd continue into my 30s. :persevere:
  • SkinnyRuthy
    SkinnyRuthy Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    @janejellyroll no, I haven't used a clear face sunscreen yet. I know people always say to use it, but I only generally put it on when I head to the beach for a long day (sunday). I def didn't think the break outs would continue into my 30s either :neutral: In fact, I looked forward to getting older so the breakouts would stop. maybe it's time to see a dermatologist...
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    Wash your face very well before and after a workout. I always breakout when I'm doing a lot of cardio-even when I'm careful. Sweat, hair product, makeup-they all clog your pores