Battle Rope Alternative?

Options
dsf26
dsf26 Posts: 4 Member
I started a new program this week and one of the exercises is battle ropes. My gym doesnt have battle ropes so does anyone know an alternative for them? Thanks!

Replies

• Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Do you have space outside? Get a length of rope and wrap it around a tree or pole.
  • dsf26
    Options
    I do have space outside however no rope. I have a jump rope i could possibly use lol. I read about using light dumbells in the same motion, but id prefer to do something similar to what u were saying.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Got to Lowes Home Depot, etc or on line and get a 40-50 foot piece of rope whatever diameter you want to get the weight you're looking for. Cheaper than buying a "store bought" battling rope.

Google home made battling rope, you'll get a bunch of hits. A few samples

These sites show how how you can make them cheap along with some other fitness equipment.
    http://greatist.com/fitness/21-diy-gym-equipment-projects-make-home
    https://www.pinterest.com/mito196/diy-crossfit/
  • dsf26
    Options
    Sounds like a plan, I'll definitely try it out! Thanks for all of the advice!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Assuming the ropes are primarily to get your heart rate up, sub anything that will do similar. Jumping jacks, burpees, sprints, jumping, kb swngs, whatever.
  • dsf26
    Options
    I believe they are in there to get my heart rate up and "burn out" my shoulder work out as like a finisher. I didn't have a chance to get ropes by today so i just grabbed 10 pound dumbells and did a similar motion. It definitely beat up my already weakend shoulders but it felt good!
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    If you're near a waterfront they replace hawser line all the time - see if you can pick up the throwaways.