Need ideas please!

Options
Okay you guys I have been procastanating so bad this past month in a half I've been stuck on the same weight 162-165 and I need to be in the 50's now! My goal is 140 but I wanna break into the 50's now. I'm starting to count my a lories again and doing low carbs again on here with high fat diet plan also protein. Now I'm going to the gym after school and I wanna know what workouts I should be doing to help me lose weight and flatten my stomach more while eating right at the same time. So please can you guys give me at gym workouts that can help me!

Replies

• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    If you just want to lose weight, it's all about making sure more calories go out than come in. Intense cardio is the best for that calorie burn BUT if you're low carbing you might get worn down from a lot of cardio. If you want to get stronger and have firm muscles to show when the fat comes off, do resistance/strength training as well.
  • Dustinsteven22
    Dustinsteven22 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    It's all about your nutrition. Make sure your exercise and nutrition work together instead of against each other (one of the biggest problems on here). You have to be disciplined. Feel free to add me.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Calories in being less than calories out is all it takes for weight loss. Exercise is for fitness. There are no gym workouts that are going to "flatten your stomach" you simply need to lower your body fat percentage for that and that's accomplished by eating less than you burn.

If you aren't losing weight, you aren't eating less than you're burning. It is almost always that simple. So, the thing you need to figure out is why you are eating more or burning less than you think you are. This chart created by @lemonlionheart may help:

a37btb7mxb3t.jpg

Here's a great post about keeping a food diary that might offer some insight: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10191216/the-most-important-thing-you-can-do-to-lose-weight

If you still have questions, please ask.
  • jaorti95
    jaorti95 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    If you just want to lose weight, it's all about making sure more calories go out than come in. Intense cardio is the best for that calorie burn BUT if you're low carbing you might get worn down from a lot of cardio. If you want to get stronger and have firm muscles to show when the fat comes off, do resistance/strength training as well.

See and I have heard of that by never really gotten a clear picture of what you do
  • jaorti95
    Options
    It's all about your nutrition. Make sure your exercise and nutrition work together instead of against each other (one of the biggest problems on here). You have to be disciplined. Feel free to add me.

Thank you! Yes I need more details on that.
  • jaorti95
    Options
    SueInAz wrote: »
    Calories in being less than calories out is all it takes for weight loss. Exercise is for fitness. There are no gym workouts that are going to "flatten your stomach" you simply need to lower your body fat percentage for that and that's accomplished by eating less than you burn.

If you aren't losing weight, you aren't eating less than you're burning. It is almost always that simple. So, the thing you need to figure out is why you are eating more or burning less than you think you are. This chart created by @lemonlionheart may help:

a37btb7mxb3t.jpg

Here's a great post about keeping a food diary that might offer some insight: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10191216/the-most-important-thing-you-can-do-to-lose-weight

If you still have questions, please ask.

lol that chart made me feel so guilty! But thank you for your help! I will look into that website :)
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    jaorti95 wrote: »
    lol that chart made me feel so guilty! But thank you for your help! I will look into that website :)

I love that chart. It saves a lot of typing but it shouldn't cause guilt. :smile: It's really just about understanding what goes into weight loss and why it can stall. All too often it's simply a case of not really eating little enough to lose weight. A food scale can help pinpoint problems from inflated serving sizes and a heart rate monitor can keep us from entering exercise calories that are higher than reality, too. I hope you figure out where the problem lies for you.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    jaorti95 wrote: »
    sofaking6 wrote: »

See and I have heard of that by never really gotten a clear picture of what you do

Cardio: gym classes or treadmill/elliptical etc or running outside or exercise videos at home or hiking etc
    Strength: best place is to look around the "gaining weight" forum, actually. There are a bunch of good plans that people follow and they usually have threads going in there. Some are: stronglifts 5x5, strong curves, new rules of weight lifting, you are your own gym. Check some out and see if they sound interesting and doable to you.

Good luck!!