back to mfp

Options
i used to be a regular and i was doing pretty good... then i fell off the bandwagon so to speak and i lost my password... if you were a friend of kaytedawg before, this is me, back again.

so, about six years ago my doctor told me she suspected that i was hypoglycemic. of course i'm a stubborn turd and I never went to fully investigate that...

since then i have a variety of symptoms that effect my daily life... honestly i was thinking it was bi-polar disorder or something... but what I am realizing is that I really do have all the symptoms of hypoglycemia. I'm always exhausted, but can't sleep unless it's passing out after eating garbage, i have cold spells, irritability, sugar cravings, swollen lymph nodes, depression, ups and downs emotionally, high stress, panic attacks, heart palpation, increased heart pounding for extended periods of time after certain exercise, headaches, excessive water craving and lots of peeing, that's just what comes immediately to mind.

I've never had a spell where my blood sugar was so low that I passed out, but i've come close... i have definitely had to go lay down and go to sleep... i just wasn't willing to admit what was really my problem.

I also had a hysterectomy in 2005 at the age of 26, quite young... one part of the endocrine system effects the other I suppose... so my doctor is on vacation the one week I finally decide I need to focus on taking care of myself. My symptoms have gotten worse and I've been gaining weight again... So I got to do the bad bad thing and actually talk to my doctor... hmmf. I do not like doctors sam... i do not them sam-i-am.

I am a CNA, certified phlebotomist and ekg technician... I know better than to treat my body as poorly as I have. I'm also a Pescetarian.

Looking for mfp friends for encouragement :-)