Never stuck it out this long before

Options
I started this journey about 2 months ago. Found MFP about a month in. I didn't have a scale for the first 5 weeks so no idea how much total I've lost but I've cured my depression and I can't wait to get even more results. I've never stuck with clean eating and exercise this long but something finally snapped.
I cold turkey quit caffeine, soda, juice, processed foods, and I count calories now. I also exclusively breastfeed! I always had trouble with my supply and now I have multiple let downs every feeding! Probably because the quality of my food is making better milk! pjfaoou869rj.jpg

Replies

• debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    wow- well good luck to you. You are doing great keep it up- eat as healthy as possible- stay within your macros- eat at a deficit and you will lose weight- GREAT work!
  • WallysWife102614
    WallysWife102614 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks! :)
  • dennypup
    dennypup Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Awesome job!
  • WallysWife102614
    Options
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Holy crap that is a huge difference in two months! Way to go!
  • WallysWife102614
    Options
    Thank you!
  • Soccermavrick
    Soccermavrick Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Very impressive job!
  • Jennak87
    Jennak87 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Jeezo! That's incredible! You must've worked so hard!
  • WallysWife102614
    Options
    There were definitely points I felt like dying lol
  • lilqtwbotkam3
    lilqtwbotkam3 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You look great!! Good Job!
  • jennifermi
    jennifermi Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. You should be so proud of yourself
  • fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic
  • coley1029
    coley1029 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You look AWESOME!!
  • Alli4Chocolate
    Alli4Chocolate Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Big difference in 2 months!! Keep it up!!
  • justrollme
    justrollme Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I am so impressed! I wish I had done the same, back when I was a breast-feeding mom.
  • vdeepu17
    vdeepu17 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You are doing great and lot of difference in 2 months. But don't be in too much calorie deficit as body needs more calories for breastfeeding. If your intake is very low your supply will get hit. Try Eating clean and healthy. Just my 2 cents.
  • WallysWife102614
    Options
    vdeepu17 wrote: »
    You are doing great and lot of difference in 2 months. But don't be in too much calorie deficit as body needs more calories for breastfeeding. If your intake is very low your supply will get hit. Try Eating clean and healthy. Just my 2 cents.

I mentioned in my post that I started eating clean and healthy. I cold turkey quit soda, sugar, caffeine, processed foods. My milk is actually richer and my supply better because the food im eating is healthy and clean.
    As far as my calorie count, I worked with an IBCLC to determine an appropriate calorie number for me to eat daily to maintain supply. And I didn't just maintain supply, I increased it.
    I used to have to supplement with donor milk and I no longer have to.
    So I'm a bit confused by your comment.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    You are doing great. Keep feeling wonderful.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!