Who the hell is this chunky 50 year old woman in the mirror? LOL Looking for 50+ year old friends.

Options
Stewnamie
Stewnamie Posts: 17 Member
I can use all the help I can get navigating through this decade. I am watching my youth fade, my waist expand, my skin sag, and my sense of self just getting clearer and clearer. I admit, that while my body seems to insist on so many little betrayals as I age, the whole getting older thing isn't as horrible as I imagined. There are some benefits to knowing who you are.

Replies

• Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Youth is totally wasted on the young. lol
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Debmal77 wrote: »
    Youth is totally wasted on the young. lol

lol I love that.

Okay we've all been there, but it can END. For real. Here's me yesterday. I've been at this goal 5 years now and I've proved all the hormone menopause BS myths wrong. It truly is all about calories, portions, carbons, points, meal plans, or whatever the heck people want to call food energy. It doesn't matter when you eat. We all have to find the right amount of protein, veggies, carbs, and fat is best for our own selves, but we all need a bit of all the types of food. We just have to all experiment to find the right amount.

Roberta%20in%20Juniors%20Dept%20July%207%202015_zpsi0nozfov.jpg

I like what I see in the mirror now. When I had 85 pounds of excess fat on this tiny little frame I did not.

Anyone can do it!

• KETOGENICGURL
    KETOGENICGURL Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    when I was in my early 40s I had a friend who LOOKED FORWARD to old age, because she knew a woman who was simply amazing at 73, and a role model… WHAT A CONCEPT EH? there is a saying "men are radicalized in their 20s ( all that testosterone and young muscle looking for a reason to 'be'- and influenced to the pull of Jihad/war,etc) ) but Woman are radicalized in their 40s"..because they have worked jobs for 2 decades, borne children, run households, paid bills, managed the stress of health care and death of parents, mowed lawns, managed car car, all sorts of drama..so they realize they CAN stand on their own..and stop taking crap from men who talk down to them.

But because of our youth culture females over 27 seems to be worthless. ( I jut read a book Dataclysm..it thoroughly explains how men dating consider women over 25, and past 30 as undesirable ( they fantacise they can have 20 yr olds!!) Of course men who like women with BRAINS and a sense of self will appreciate women of their own age.
    One of the best ASPECTS FOR ME AT 66 IS SPEAKING MY MIND, NO MATTER WHAT…SO SOON IT WILL BE YOUR TURN younger sister!

PS: RE your Pic- I once saw "Richard the third" live play at the Ashland Shakespeare Theatre..I wrote a postcard home to my friend..I said " Here's the plot of Richard the third…...everybody dies."