Trouble Meeting Fat Macros!

Options
2»

Replies

• Kriistabell
    Kriistabell Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    pmm3437 wrote: »
    You don't have to reach your fat or carb macros. You need to eat a minimum of 25-30g of fat to get essential fatty acids for hormone production.

Beyond that, you eat for nutrition and satiety, staying around your calorie plan.

Protein is the only one you need to strive to hit, over a weekly or longer average; day to day fluctuations of being over/under are normal and OK if the average meets the goal.

Now, as far as sources, if you want to eat more ... the suggestions above are all good options. If your not afraid of gaining a few more grams of protein along with your fat and carbs, sausages and other processed meats ( spam, cold cuts, etc ) or full fat dairy are good options. Just have to be creative ...

For example, on of my favorites is broccoli Alfredo. Another is steamed rice with garlic butter and chives. Since you can control the portions, you can get the exact macro profile you want, when building from components.

And put the yolks back in ...

I didn't know that! Thanks for the info. As for my egg white omelets I don't like them with the yolks. I'd rather eat whole eggs hard boiled, but I see what you're saying since it's a healthy fat. More eggs it is then. Egg white omelets for lunch, hard boiled whole eggs for a snack :smiley:

Thanks for all the great suggestions. I need to get to shopping ASAP.
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, I have the opposite problem: struggle hitting protein without going crazy with fat.
  • Kriistabell
    Options
    jaga13 wrote: »
    Oh wow, I have the opposite problem: struggle hitting protein without going crazy with fat.

The only reason I don't have that problem is because I used to have it and I made it my #1 priority. It can be really hard but once you figure out things that work for you, you keep it in your routine.
  • Kriistabell
    Options
    pmm3437 wrote: »
    You don't have to reach your fat or carb macros. You need to eat a minimum of 25-30g of fat to get essential fatty acids for hormone production.

Beyond that, you eat for nutrition and satiety, staying around your calorie plan.

One more thing....
    So I'm under by 300 something calories today, but all in fat and carbs. Do I need to make these up in protein? I went over my protein by 2 grams. What's your take on this?