Seriously?! (with before and after pictures)

Options
Pharmacygirl26
Pharmacygirl26 Posts: 3 Member
I know I'm not the fittest person in the world, but from my heaviest I've dropped 73 pounds. I went from 270 to 197. I'm just happy to be under 200 and maintain myself there. I haven't been this since I was 13. My goal is to be at 170, but I truly am HAPPY that I'm at where I am. Yet this is the SECOND time I've been broken up with by someone I truly loved because I wasn't fit enough for them. The first spurred me into the weight lost to begin with, but the second thinks I should be 150! That's nearly impossible at my body frame. (I'm 5 foot 11 inches tall and wide hips and shoulders.) I mean seriously, what more could I do?! I didn't think I was doing too bad on the lost, though I haven't been the greatest with my diet lately. I still run nearly 9.3 miles a week if not more! How am I not fit?!!!

vpgauuy6oakk.jpg

Replies

• aewaters10
    aewaters10 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You were exactly the weight I started at and you look way better than I do even now! I have lost just over 20, but I am also a few inches shorter at 5'7. Awesome job :D
  • geoffbeckett
    geoffbeckett Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You got dumped because your not fit enough? You dodged a bullet. They did you a BIG favor by leaving you. Just keep going and doing what your doing. Don't let trash like that run you off the road to your goals. They are not worth it.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    You got dumped because your not fit enough? You dodged a bullet. They did you a BIG favor by leaving you. Just keep going and doing what your doing. Don't let trash like that run you off the road to your goals. They are not worth it.

Yup. While you (and they) can't change who they are attracted to, if you had been together long enough for you to develop feelings, that indicates that initial attraction wasn't the problem. It's also possible that they just weren't that into you and blamed your weight (or they found someone else, or the emotions on their side fizzled out, etc). Or they were *kitten*.

Your progress is awesome. Keep at it. 170 is a perfectly reasonable goal for someone of your height.
  • mjgrin
    mjgrin Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Being broken up with sucks, but you deserve better than someone who is bothered by a number on a scale. If you're comfortable where you're at and where you want to be, that is all that should matter. You look great right now. Honestly, his loss.
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,469 Member
    Options

Exactly. Say BYE with a wave and a big *kitten* smile on your face...
  • Mr_Stabbems
    Mr_Stabbems Posts: 4,771 Member
    Options
    dont let anyone tell you your ideal weight, its what you want it to be. If they dont like it, tell them to deal with it or leave.