difference between sizes

Options
Hi there,

I was just wondering if you could share with me how many Kgs/pounds it took you to drop sizes? I'm currently a middle of the range 14, but have some lovely size 12 summer things I'd like to fit before the summer ends!

Replies

• MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    10lbs should do it at that weight.
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's usually about 10-12 lbs. (Perhaps a little less if you are short)
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    it really depends on your body shape and mass. 10 pounds between sizes is an AVERAGE but if you have more muscle, it may be less. If you have more fat, it may be more. Your height also makes a difference.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    It depends on the individual. Most of the time it's around 8-10 pounds.
  • 365andstillalive
    365andstillalive Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    It largely depends on where you drop the weight from... and how well your current size actually fits haha. It took me 30-40lbs to see a change in pant size for example, because overweight me refused to believe I was really that big and wore terrible fitting things.
  • sirna731
    sirna731 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I've lost 27.5 lbs and haven't gone down a pant size. I've always had a big belly. In high school I was 118 lbs and wore a size 9.
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    It largely depends on where you drop the weight from... and how well your current size actually fits haha. It took me 30-40lbs to see a change in pant size for example, because overweight me refused to believe I was really that big and wore terrible fitting things.

I refused to buy a size 16 but im fairly sure I am a proper 14 now. So basically I need to aim towards another 5kgs and perhaps a bit extra
  • kyrannosaurus
    kyrannosaurus Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I've lost 17.6kg and have lost 2 pants sizes (18-14) and 1 top size (16-14). The clothes I was wearing in the beginning were a little on the tight side though.
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I've lost 17.6kg and have lost 2 pants sizes (18-14) and 1 top size (16-14). The clothes I was wearing in the beginning were a little on the tight side though.

Isn't it interesting the way our bodies lose weight? Ive always been smaller in the top than in the bottom so I think i notice pant sizes dropping first
  • Mini_Medic
    Mini_Medic Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Approx 8-10lbs per size. Worked out similarly for me. I am 5'3.5", at 170lbs I wore 14's, 160 I was in 12's, 150 I'm currently wearing 10's again. Previously I wore 8's at 140lbs and 6's at 130lbs.