Fitness Band: Is It Really Helpful?

Options
2»

Replies

• cvstokke
    cvstokke Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit Surge and am seriously obsessed with it. I'm a big believer in the idea of eating enough so that your metabolism stays good and Fitbit helps me do that without guessing. I have MFP set to 1200 (based on being sedentary) and then throughout the day, as I'm active, Fitbit syncs with MFP and automatically adds calories back in for me to eat. When I follow what it tells me, I consistently lose about a pound a week (I get into trouble when I don't follow it lol). I also feel more active and love the heart rate and GPS features for tracking workouts. Whenever there are tech issues where the two don't sync (not often), I lose it. I'm so dependent on this thing now. Couldn't recommend it highly enough.
  • jim9097
    jim9097 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I have the Vivoactive; love it.... Keeps track of so much you can't help but be successful.
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I'm a Jawbone UP gal. I think it gives me a nice little incentive to keep moving through out the day or on weekends where the tendency was to be lazy. I also like the vibration alarm for waking up or when I haven't been active for a while. I'd say go for it!
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I'm another one who loves the Fitbit Charge HR. I got mine one month ago. Knowing how many active minutes I've had in a day motivates me to be more active. Plus, I want to hit my step goal and keep my daily average up. My husband thinks it's a bit silly because I'm somewhat obsessed, but he goes on walks with me.

I do not regret purchasing my Fitbit at all. I would do it again in heartbeat.
  • Spencerport
    Spencerport Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I have the Vivofit (1st gen) and it really does help me stay motivated to get my steps in for the day. I prefer the Vivofit as it runs on a watch battery that needs to be replaced yearly, and its waterproof. The Fitbit line needs to be recharged every 7 days and is only water resistant.
  • prettyleelee
    prettyleelee Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I have the Garmin vivo fit 2 I love it!!! it keeps me moving and I hook it up to my HRM and it is a charm to keep track of my activity!!