plastic surgery...

Options
renae5
renae5 Posts: 393 Member
just wondering if anyone has had or is planning to have any plastic surgery? Not judging anyones decisions or beliefs one way or another. In my case, I have had 3 children, 3 C-sections, a hysterectomy and gained and lost a Whole Lot of weight and I already have the scars so I am considering it. How does the rest of the world feel about it???

Replies

• bksteve26
    bksteve26 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I have boobs and botox. I love my boobs. They are the best thing I ever bought. They werent for anyone else but me. And I am sooooo happy with the results. I say go for it! You deserve it. Just make sure you find a good doctor and that you do your homework. Research research research. I looked into my boobs for 6 years before I took the leap. I kind of wish I did it sooner, but I'm so happy that I found the right doctor and knew so much about it before I went under the knife. Hope this helps!
  • squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    Options
    I've considered having a tummy tuck too, I've had 4 c sections and I know there is no other way to get rid of it. I hear it's quite painful....
  • kylielouttit
    kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I am planning on a tummy tuck, my daughter was a c-section and my stomach looks horrible. I don't think any amount of cardio and crunches will fix this mess.

I also had a breast reduction 5 or 6 years ago.
  • blankcanvas
    blankcanvas Posts: 177
    Options
    Hey if I had a pile of money I had nothing else to do with, I'd be there for a tummy tuck in a heartbeat:):bigsmile:
  • mowryann
    mowryann Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'll be having surgery once I reach my goal weight. I have gained and lost several times in the past and now that I am 54 I am thinking that the elasticity in the skin has just about seen its day. So, yes, plastic surgery is definitely an option in my book. Just make sure that you find a reputable plastic surgeon. There are a whole lot of quacks out there.

Good luck to you!!
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I honestly would like a tummy tuck (and my thighs and tricips done). I have lost 100 lbs over the last 2 years and though I work out fairly consistently, I have trouble areas that may shrink but not go away. But, I haven't had kids yet, so it would be pointless to go through that and then have kids. So I'll have to wait a few years. But it is something I do think about. Good luck to you!
  • SuzanneRogers
    SuzanneRogers Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I'm only 5'1 and very petite, so after having twins and reaching 185 when I delivered, I have a lot of extra skin that no amount of working out will fix. I've tone and tighten but skin just hangs around, OB said tummy tuck is my last option to fix it. I breastfed twins for 13 months so I have nothing left to fill by 38E chest.

I trying to get rid of about 10-15 more pounds before I head to get tummy tuck and boob lift. Get your body it best shape of your life then consult a dr, you will be restricted from working out for up to 6-8 weeks, so you might gain weight back during that time. Build muscle so you will still be burning calories when at rest.

Good Luck. Keep me posted on your decision.
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Hey if I had a pile of money I had nothing else to do with, I'd be there for a tummy tuck in a heartbeat:):bigsmile:

Hahahaha --- ditto!! Being poor makes my decision making easier!!
  • renae5
    Options
    well, this is a pleasant surprise, thought more people would be against it. OK, I have boobs (huge boobs that will NOT shrink even with losing this much weight) but I would like them put back where they belong (HAAAA!!) and a tummy tuck would be marvelous!!!
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I'd love some botox, but I love my little boobs! Wouldn't trade those for implants - EVER!
    (not that there is anything wrong with fake boobies, I just like my small one!:happy: )
  • Angel1029
    Angel1029 Posts: 459
    Options
    I'm getting a mini-tuck done in August. I have 3 kids and a little extra loose skin that isn't going away for anything, it just looks worse as my waist and stomach gets smaller. I made sure I lost all the weight first to see how my tummy was going to look. So now that I'm at my goal weight I'm getting it done.
    Good luck on whatever you decide and don't let anyone judge you because of your decisions. Do it for yourself and no one else.
  • Raina0512
    Raina0512 Posts: 216
    Options
    I have boobs. Nothing else yet but girl, when I age a bit, there's nothing I won't do! :)
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    I'm only 5'1 and very petite, so after having twins and reaching 185 when I delivered, I have a lot of extra skin that no amount of working out will fix. I've tone and tighten but skin just hangs around, OB said tummy tuck is my last option to fix it. I breastfed twins for 13 months so I have nothing left to fill by 38E chest.

I trying to get rid of about 10-15 more pounds before I head to get tummy tuck and boob lift. Get your body it best shape of your life then consult a dr, you will be restricted from working out for up to 6-8 weeks, so you might gain weight back during that time. Build muscle so you will still be burning calories when at rest.

Good Luck. Keep me posted on your decision.

I feel this way. I am a little taller - 5'3" but had twins and weight 184 when I deliverd. Weird! I don't have the boobs though, and didn't breastfeed.

I would love a tummy tuck and/or boob job. I would consider it if I were more disciplined in trying to get in shape and lose weight and if I had the money. I think I could take care of most of my belly if I could just focus on working out better, and eating right, but I am a slacker a lot of the time. After that I'd see where my body was and go from there.
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    I'm planning on having a tummy tuck after our next child. I've had 2 children via 2 c-sections and know there's nothing I can do about the loose skin that draps over my c-sections scar. We MAY have one more child in about 3 or 4 years, so I'm saving up about $6500 between now and then (hopefully) so I can get this done. If we decide to not have another child, I'll still get the surgery done. I feel disfigured....
  • kimmie0627
    kimmie0627 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I am planning o getting a tummy tuck and breast reduction when I am done having childern. I have had 2 c-sections and planning to have 1-2 more. So my belly looks horrible now. And I have always been big in the chest and it has only gotten worst since having kids.
  • renae5
    Options
    I'm getting a mini-tuck done in August. I have 3 kids and a little extra loose skin that isn't going away for anything, it just looks worse as my waist and stomach gets smaller. I made sure I lost all the weight first to see how my tummy was going to look. So now that I'm at my goal weight I'm getting it done.
    Good luck on whatever you decide and don't let anyone judge you because of your decisions. Do it for yourself and no one else.
    Thanks, Girl... that is my situation, I swear the smaller I get the worse I feel like I look. My husband tries to be "sweet" and says he loves me anyway so I can just fill it back up (kick). And, no, there is No One I would do it for other than myself... 'cause I am worth it!!! :)
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I agree that you should do what makes you feel polished, happy, and confident...just don't pull a Heidi Montag :-P

As for me, I'm having the bridge of my nose narrowed a bit in July!! WOO HOO!!
  • SuzanneRogers
    SuzanneRogers Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    If you don't won't to spend a fortune but want to shrink your tummy with surgery, then this is how I did it. www.momsintofitness.com. She teaches you how to shrink you tummy and see great results. I lost 10 inches in my waist after having twins from her workouts. I just have too much skin that only surgery can remove, but once the skin is gone I will be able to see my abs I've worked so hard to get.

DVD to start with and use 3 times a week with your cardio. Lindsay Brin CFS Method. you can bu it here:http://www.momsintofitness.com/dvds/lindsay-brin-cfs-method or on demand thru amazon. It has helps with my Diastasis Recti and over extended abs.

Tummy Tuck without the surgery!

Phase 1: 7 minutes - Strengthen your Inner Core
    Phase 2: 8 minutes - Fire the Core from the Inside-Out
    Phase 3: 7 minutes - Shrink Stage

Muscles are very resilient! In this fitness DVD your core muscles will bounce back and redefine into a flat stomach with the CFS method. This is true for you if you were recently pregnant, going through menopause, have back pain, or haven’t exercised in a long time.

Lindsay Brin teaches a method of deep abdominal and pelvic floor training, so you can return to the flat stomach you used to have, as well as all of the health benefits of a strong core. These three progressive 7-8 minute workouts can be used on their own or as a part of a more comprehensive program with Lindsay’s other DVDs.

Whether you follow the 3 week tummy slimdown plan, or just add these short workouts into your regular routine to maintain a strong core, you will be astounded by the results.

This instructional video is not your traditional ab training. The innovative techniques will teach your muscles how to fire from the inside-out. You will also find exercises safe for Diastasis Recti.
  • pniana
    pniana Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I just did a tummy tuck/lift/aumentation 3 weeks ago! I was in this same situation. I had lost my weight (I am smaller than I was in high school) and extra loose skin with horrible stretch marks from above my belly button well into my hair line below. The more weight I lost, the worse the stretch marks looked. SO, at 3 weeks into recovery I am VERY pleased. My stomach looks great and I really like where my chest line sits (Used to sit close to my stomach!) I did not have to have muscles tightened because they were tight already so I saved A LOT of recovery time there. Recovery is slow and painful, especially doing this all at once but every day I am more and more pleased with the results. Good luck. Do good research on your physicians and definitely have 3 or more consults before you decide!!
  • LycraLegs
    LycraLegs Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    At my top weight I think I was a more than pert 34JJ, and I am now something like a 30H. I have lost the full n round bouncyness I knew and loved, so to have a lift once I was at my target weight would be great - if it wernt for all of that nippme repositioning and paiiiin. Dont have a single wrinkle yet at 28, so would love some Botox to keep me looking this way!

Prevention is better than a cure :D

My belief is that our body is our own, tatoos, surgery, piercings, do whatever makes you happy!