Cravings at night

How do you all deal with it?im good all day but then an hr. After dinner i could eat the entire fridge and i have to admit i give in.im still making healthy choices over bad food but i dont want to eat anymore after dinner.

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,603 Member
    edited July 2015
    I refuse to entertain those thoughts. I tell myself, "NO! Stop thinking like that!" Then I listen to myself, because I know I'm right, and find something else to think about.

As time goes on and the habit is broken, I have fewer and fewer moments when I want to chow down. :)
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    If you're craving the food because you're bored, then the solution is to brush your teeth, distract yourself, drink some water, etc.

If you're craving food because you haven't met a reasonable caloric range for the day, then it's because you're hungry. Eat an apple or a piece of cheese. Tomorrow, eat a bit more throughout the day, so you're less hungry when nighttime hits.
  • ediewharton
    ediewharton Posts: 23 Member
    Sometimes you. Can reach your calorie goal and still feel famished at the end of the day. When that happens to me, I re-evaluate what I have eaten over the day. Some foods just don't have the same lasting power. For instance, on most days I have an egg/veggie frittata and roasted veggies for lunch. The other day I tried a new recipe and made egg muffins. I was supposed to eat four but I did not like them at all and only ate two. I added half a plain bagel. Then went about business as usual and I was so hungry that day.
    So...maybe you need to make sure that you are making better choices.
    If you think that you are making good choices, make sure that you are eating enough calories. Also, as someone else said, drink water, distract yourself, go to bed early. You can also,try a super low calorie food like for instance, a sliced cucumber.