OTF weight gain or loss

Options
Hi there. I have tried OTF and I've reached the 12pts but my weight has stayed the same . My nutrition has gotten better fruit vegetables yogurt, protein. I don't get it. Should I stock with OTF or try lifetime, Crossfit or a personal trainer?. I'm so frustrated.

Replies

• Peeperpat
    Peeperpat Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!! May I ask; what is the abbreviation OTF for?
  • kyrannosaurus
    kyrannosaurus Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    It's nearly impossible to out exercise a bad diet. Exercise for fitness and health, not weight loss. If you're enjoying the fitness program keep doing it. If you're not consider trying something else.

To lose weight you need to eat less calories than you burn. Try logging your food to ensure you eat a calorie deficit.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    It's calories in vs calories out. You don't need any special diet plans.

Weigh and log your food on MFP. Aim to hit your macro- and micro-nutrient goals.

Exercise for fitness, preferably doing an activity you enjoy and will be consistent at.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    what's OTF?
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    OTF is Orange Theory Fitness. (ETA: I had to google OTF weight loss to figure it out.)

What you eat is for weight loss. If you eat too many calories, you will gain weight. If you eat in a calorie deficit, you will lose.

Exercise is for health and body composition.

Even if you eat all "healthy" food (fruits, veggies, protein, yogurt), you are overeating on calories. Start by weighing out everything you're eating and logging it on here. Aim to hit your calorie goal MFP gives you and see if that works. Give it 3-4 weeks to see how you get along.
  • RaspberryTickleChicken
    RaspberryTickleChicken Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    xcalygrl wrote: »
    OTF is Orange Theory Fitness. (ETA: I had to google OTF weight loss to figure it out.)

What you eat is for weight loss. If you eat too many calories, you will gain weight. If you eat in a calorie deficit, you will lose.

Exercise is for health and body composition.

Even if you eat all "healthy" food (fruits, veggies, protein, yogurt), you are overeating on calories. Start by weighing out everything you're eating and logging it on here. Aim to hit your calorie goal MFP gives you and see if that works. Give it 3-4 weeks to see how you get along.

+1

Do you weigh your food? Perhaps you are underestimating the portion sizes.

Also some other factors to consider:
    • Are you eating the veggies alone or drowning in dressing?
    • Is the yogurt a plain greek yogurt with fresh fruits or one of the commercialized ones loaded with sugar?

The concept of 'eating healthy' doesn't equate to a free ticket to bottomless eating, especially with fruits because it does have a lot of sugar & carbs. Although natural it all still adds up.

Good luck!