Post double-mastectomy

JQAGirl
JQAGirl Posts: 4 Member
Hi All. I am a 49-year-old, pre-menopausal woman who had a double mastectomy with reconstruction about six months ago. I think I'm finally ready to get serious about losing weight. I was always thin when I was young and started putting on a bit of weight in my mid-20's. I've steadily gotten bigger and I am at my peak weight of 185 pounds, and I'm about 5'6".

Anyway, I'm just putting that out there in case there are any others with a story similar to mine. Thanks and good luck to all!

Replies

• brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    I don't have a similar story to yours, but I did want to offer this piece of advice: focus on your strengths. Given what you've gone through, you know now that you can do anything. Go crush it!
  • aamb
    aamb Posts: 377 Member
    I had a single mastectomy followed by reconstruction 22 months later. I had chemo, and was on tamoxifen for 5 years, I am 13 years post surgery, and piled on weight till I was 200lbs. I tried about 4 years ago and lost 3stones, but dropped out and put on quite a lot of that weight again, so I am back, 29 days in, trying again. my tracker says I have lost 22lbs, but that is from my original weight way back then. I have lost about 4 lbs since recommencing. will sent a friends invite if you like
  • JQAGirl
    Thanks, Brightside! aamb, I accepted your friend invite - thanks!
  • JQAGirl
    I really need to do my food diary every day...