Workout Clothes?

Options

Replies

• atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Whatever is stretchy and cheap and has pockets at Goodwill coupled with any t-shirt.
  • UtahWI
    UtahWI Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Target and Old Navy!
    Per the party line, I do like what UA stuff I have, but I only buy it on clearance and put it on gift wish lists!
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Also JC Penney if there is a sale. i've picked up cute workout tank tops there for like $12.
  • Kexessa
    Kexessa Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I just bought some great workout tops from Kohl's website a couple weeks ago. At the time they offered 20% of active wears and 20% for June. I was able to use both coupon codes on top of items that were already on sale. So I ended up paying $6~$7 for each performance top. (The brands I got were Fila and Tek) I haven't found deals better than this as I searched through all kinds of stores/websites that seller active wears. Just keep stalking Kohls website for promo!

I buy all my workout clothes at Kohls. Tek Gear is exclusive to them and I have found it to be really well made. I rollerblade outside on the streets and their sweat wicking tees come in bright, fluorescent colors making me more visible to motorist. Even when I'm in the parks they just make me and the fact I'm moving more visible. The running shorts stay put and have the inner liner, so no underwear. Even though I don't run, they are appropriate for me.

I don't have an Old Navy located anywhere by me or I'd check them out. But I really love Tek Gear. Kohl's was just having a sale and their tees were $7.
  • Jesslan_Rose
    Jesslan_Rose Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I love the Danskin line and Avia line, both at Walmart and pretty cheap. I got several workout tops for only $2-$3 each.
  • midpath
    midpath Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Goodwill. Basketball shorts and tshirt. It doesn't get any cheaper than that.
  • i_miss_me
    i_miss_me Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I've been working out in tshirts & stuff that I already have, but most of it just doesn't fit me at all anymore. I'll probably check out Old Navy tomorrow. :-)
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I like amazon
  • eileensofianmushinfine
    eileensofianmushinfine Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    whmscll wrote: »
    Also JC Penney if there is a sale. i've picked up cute workout tank tops there for like $12.[/quote

thanks for the suggestion....they have lots of workout tank tops on their website...I picked up 4 for an average of $10 each...which included one coupon for 15% off and free shipping to the local store.
  • atypicalsmith
    Options
    Maybe when I get to my goal weight and exercise to maintain, I'll spend money at stores that sell cute workout clothes for a small fortune. Nah, I won't either, I'm too old for cute workout clothes. I'll just buy brand new stretchy pants with pockets and cuter t-shirts.
  • bogwoppt1
    bogwoppt1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    The most pricey thing for me is a good sport bra. Once you are in the DD or bigger range you cannot pick them up for less than $50. Try finding a 28G sports bra that actually works.

Otherwise thrift stores, people are always giving away their hardly worn designer sports clothes.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    I've bought most of my workout clothing from Lane Bryant -- they are a bit on the pricey side, but I always look for coupons online (just do a google search) to bring that price down. I bought my bike shorts from Always for Me -- they are the ones that are used in the Biggest Loser show. Love them! Be careful buying things online -- in terms of checking the "sizing" carefully.

Ya, my fiance likes Lane Bryant styles on me, and I have a LB credit card and am on their mailing list for coupons and specials. Earlier this year, I got their Livi Active hoodie and some workout pants to motivate me. I paid way, way less than their ridiculous retail price.

• i_miss_me
    Options
    bogwoppt1 wrote: »
    The most pricey thing for me is a good sport bra. Once you are in the DD or bigger range you cannot pick them up for less than $50. Try finding a 28G sports bra that actually works.

Otherwise thrift stores, people are always giving away their hardly worn designer sports clothes.

I know what you mean. I'm having the hardest time finding a good sports bra. I think I should just try duct tape.
  • i_miss_me
    Options
    i_miss_me wrote: »

I know what you mean. I'm having the hardest time finding a good sports bra. I think I should just try duct tape.

If you know of any let me know. I'm a DDD/E, so it's impossible to find a good one.
  • atypicalsmith
    Options

Hah try finding one when you've had a mastectomy!
  • bogwoppt1
    bogwoppt1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options

Panache sells the best one that is bra sized and actually allows me to run wearing just one. Freya is not bad either. But they are rarely cheap.

• tracymcdonald4358
    tracymcdonald4358 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    JCPennys has a line called Exersion and it is the absolute best, never shrink, fade, loose it's shape. I have had the same workout gear from there for so long. When I got tired of the same stuff, I gave it away to buy new stuff and the people I passed it down to thought it was all new.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Academy Sports has a house brand that is inexpensive but holds up well ... 1/2 to 1/3 of the price of the bigger names for moisture wicking shirts, compression shorts, etc.
  • atypicalsmith
    Options
    Academy Sports has a house brand that is inexpensive but holds up well ... 1/2 to 1/3 of the price of the bigger names for moisture wicking shirts, compression shorts, etc.

I see people at the Y who spend more money on workout clothes than I spend on food for a month. I don't get it.