Dukan Diet

Options
i am starting Dukan Diet today!! Have gained 20 lbs in last 2 years and it's time for drastic measures!!! Any one else starting?? Tried to get a friend to join me for support but they're not ready at this point :(.

Replies

• kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    As with any diet, please do this under the supervision of a physician. CICO can be just as drastic and effective.
  • detti777
    detti777 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    me, 3 days ago as put on 2.5 stones
    i lost already 4 kgs so far. I'm full with water, but was unable to lose weight with anything recently:(
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    http://health.usnews.com/best-diet/dukan-diet

Ehh looks like a lot of rules and restrictions if you ask me.
    The claim: You’ll lose up to 10 pounds within the first week, and continue at a clip of two to four pounds a week until you reach your goal weight – all while eating as much as you want (of the approved foods, of course). If you follow the rules to the letter, you’ll never regain.

^^ This makes me scream no.
  • susanna9992015
    susanna9992015 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Not really. I find it very easy. Anyway down 14 lbs in 12 days
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I read the book of this diet some time ago. I was not impressed. Bad diet. You are better off doing Atkins if you want to do low carb. But even with Atkins, you really don't need to go to extremes and when you come off it, it takes a couple of weeks to adjust back to normal eating if you don't want to bugger it up.

Unfortunately, i cannot remember the details but at the time i was trying a variety of diets and reading all about everything. I just thought nope this one is really not a good diet. It maybe because its got no vegetables at alla but i can't remember.

Just for background, last year I did moderate ATkins, the fast diet, my own sensible diet which is mainly vegetarian, and now i'm going vegan. I'm not going vegan for weight or health reasons, i should add. Its easier to stay healthy as a vegetarian or a meat eater.
  • MariFleming2020
    MariFleming2020 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm starting today - big online shop delivered with turkey, steak, monkfish, chicken breast, prawns, Skyr (much lower in sugar than yogurt & Quark), egg-white & oat-bran. I have a cache of Stevia flavoured sweeteners to make my breakfast 'porridge' (oat bran, Skyr, egg-white) more palatable, and also Cytosport Whey protein powder for filling shakes - which is frowned on by Dukan 'purists' - but I have these shakes most days anyway, so why not continue?
    Sugar-low headache this afternoon, relieved by a shake using protein powder, Skyr, ice and Stevia chocolate flavouring. 200 kcal, 7g carbs, 3g fat and a whopping 49g protein, according to MFP!
    I'll miss wine the most...
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    Pierre Dukan was struck off the French medical register for inappropriate advice I believe so please proceed with caution.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options

Fast weight loss, never turns out well especially when you don't have much to lose. You are more then likely to gain it back plus more, you end up skinny fat, because you lost mostly muscle and not fat.

Slow and steady healthy weight loss with about 1/2 to 1 pound week would be good.

I suggest you read this OP: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »

Fast weight loss, never turns out well especially when you don't have much to lose. You are more then likely to gain it back plus more, you end up skinny fat, because you lost mostly muscle and not fat.

Slow and steady healthy weight loss with about 1/2 to 1 pound week would be good.

I suggest you read this OP: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

This and only this!!
  • brandi712
    brandi712 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Prepare for lots of rules. All four phases of the Dukan Diet—named for French physician Pierre Dukan, its creator—are heavy on do’s and don’ts, and even the slightest slip-up is considered destructive.

The slightest slipup? No thank you. I would rather eat what I want and make it fit in my daily goals.