Started logging today and only 1000cals....

Options
BetesBitch
BetesBitch Posts: 234 Member
Hello,

I started logging today and im measured everything but my meat...my bad but still i think im pretty accurate. Im not gonna guess anything starting tomorrow.

I want to lose my belly fat before Oct 22 for my trip to Europe.
I am 34 with T1 diabetes. Im 5'9 and weight approx 150lbs (not sure - haven't touched a scale in a year or more)
I have an office job Mon - Fri and I lift weights 3 times a week at home as well as walk for 30min at lunch 3 times a week and I do elliptical at home twice a week for 30min.

Since my life is sedentary, my TDEE is 1760 so I figure if I eat 1500 (slight deficit) that I will lose fat and not much LBM at all...

But!!!! Today is typically how I eat all week Mon - Friday! That is NOT enough! 1000cals WOW!

Weekends have been full of 1-2 fast food meals and chips at night. Sometimes both nights. And candies even in the afternoon.....

Please tell me what you can see wrong here? Take a look at my diary if you want. Thank alot.

I want to listen and work hard and reach this goal of fat loss (from my belly but if course i know you can't spot reduce and I will gladly take fat from anywhere of course)

This is to BETTER ME not to be better than anyone else...thanks guys :smiley:

Replies

• Faithful_Chosen
    Faithful_Chosen Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Did you bake your meat in anything? Oils and butters pack huge calories. Also weigh everything, don't measure in cups and pieces. I suspect you ate more calories than you logged. Not 500 calories, but still. Measure everything, okay? And don't forget butter, oils, soda, etc. :smile: Oh and if you don't reach your goal consistently, switch to yoghurt with a higher fat quotient. That'll bump your calorie intake right up. Good luck!
  • vmsolko
    vmsolko Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say I LOVE your screen name. LOL As a fellow T1 diabetic, I can appreciate some 'betes humor. :smile:

From what I've heard from most people with abs (not me, lol) it's a lot about abs being made in the kitchen. Aka - cut out the junk. So maybe you're one of those people who carries extra weight in your stomach even while trim elsewhere, so cutting out the fast food and the chips might be the best option. Just an idea.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    Most likely, you're eating more than you think you are.

You MAY be eating very little during the week and doing weekend binges, though. That can drive weight gain.

Your real TDEE can be below MFP's sedentary setting. Mine was.
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Haven't you posted about this several times today? 1k is way too low, and you've already gotten a lot of great advice about body recomps and such.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Haven't you posted about this several times today? 1k is way too low, and you've already gotten a lot of great advice about body recomps and such.

@shrinkingletters
    OP isn't new to MFP and has done the same thing in the past.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

@shrinkingletters
    OP isn't new to MFP and has done the same thing in the past.

Well, look who it is... :laugh:
  • BetesBitch
    Options

Yes i had another post today regarding belly fat. I did a new post to ask different questions and to let commenters know that i logged today. That im very surprised its that low. I know 1000 cals to way too low.
    btw meat was done in crock pot with apple juice and vinegar.
    Whenever i have sauce oil or butter it is weighed. I have a digital scale i use.
  • BetesBitch
    Options
    vmsolko wrote: »
    Just wanted to say I LOVE your screen name. LOL As a fellow T1 diabetic, I can appreciate some 'betes humor. :smile:

From what I've heard from most people with abs (not me, lol) it's a lot about abs being made in the kitchen. Aka - cut out the junk. So maybe you're one of those people who carries extra weight in your stomach even while trim elsewhere, so cutting out the fast food and the chips might be the best option. Just an idea.

Thanks! I hate betes so much lol
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    BetesBitch wrote: »
    Hello,

I started logging today and im measured everything but my meat...my bad but still i think im pretty accurate. Im not gonna guess anything starting tomorrow.

I am 34 with T1 diabetes. Im 5'9 and weight approx 150lbs (not sure - haven't touched a scale in a year or more)
    I have an office job Mon - Fri and I lift weights 3 times a week at home as well as walk for 30min at lunch 3 times a week and I do elliptical at home twice a week for 30min.

Since my life is sedentary, my TDEE is 1760 so I figure if I eat 1500 (slight deficit) that I will lose fat and not much LBM at all...

But!!!! Today is typically how I eat all week Mon - Friday! That is NOT enough! 1000cals WOW!

Weekends have been full of 1-2 fast food meals and chips at night. Sometimes both nights. And candies even in the afternoon.....

Please tell me what you can see wrong here? Take a look at my diary if you want. Thank alot.

I want to listen and work hard and reach this goal of fat loss (from my belly but if course i know you can't spot reduce and I will gladly take fat from anywhere of course)

Refer to point in bold.

You "may" be at 1000 a day m-f... but if you're going overboard come the weekend, it's not going to help you much.

Weigh the meat. Log the fast food. LOG the fast food. A McDonalds big mac meal with a pop and a mcFlurry can run up close to 2k cals. Add in chips - a handful is about 250-300 cals... so a whole bag is well over 1000.

That's what is wrong. IMO.

Also... what are you drinking during the day?
  • BetesBitch
    Options
    MireyGal76 wrote: »
    BetesBitch wrote: »
    Hello,

Refer to point in bold.

You "may" be at 1000 a day m-f... but if you're going overboard come the weekend, it's not going to help you much.

Weigh the meat. Log the fast food. LOG the fast food. A McDonalds big mac meal with a pop and a mcFlurry can run up close to 2k cals. Add in chips - a handful is about 250-300 cals... so a whole bag is well over 1000.

That's what is wrong. IMO.

Thank you! U are probably right! I do pig out and probably dont even realize im ruining my whole deficit!!!!