I put in to lose 2 pounds a week and it only calcs 1.1 ??

Is there something i am doing wrong?

Replies

• myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Open your diary.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    Maybe 2 lbs is a unrealistic goal. MFP won't let you go below 1200 calories. If you don't have much to lose you may not be able to create a big enough deficit to do 2 lbs a week.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,050 Member
    It won't allocate you lower than 1200, so if you don't have much to lose, it won't give you a calorie goal that would work out to a big enough deficit to lose 2lbs a week. Plus, if you don't have much to lsoe, 2lbs a week is much too aggressive.
  • dizzieblondeuk
    dizzieblondeuk Posts: 286 Member
    I have the same thing - my goal is 1.5lb per week, and it calculates 1.3lb per week, based on a 1200 cal daily goal. I have to include exercise calories, in order to reach that 1.5lb - around 700 calories worth per week. I can get to that with 3 cardio sessions (actually MFP calculates each of those sessions to be 500 calories, but I downgrade that to a more realistic 350 cals burned). I eat back perhaps only 100 of those calories each time, but it still gives me an extra 750 cals deficit, to add to the total MFP calculates, and allows me to target and reach that 1.5lb per week.
  • kyrannosaurus
    kyrannosaurus Posts: 350 Member
    If you don't have much to lose you can't create a big enough deficit to lose that much in a week. If you are eating the goal MFP provided you with you are doing the right thing. It will just take time.