Chickpea Cookie Dough!!!!!

Options
madeleadele
madeleadele Posts: 64 Member
Recipe Here
Someone at work brought it in, and I can officially say it is delicious! Tastes nearly like cookie dough :) And don't believe the recipe when it says you can't bake it. Well -- not in ball/cookie form, but in skillet form it is entirely possible!

Highly recommend.

Replies

• deborahofmoore
    deborahofmoore Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    This sounds and looks delicious! I think I will make some tonight. Thanks for the recommendation.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Any good/ simple recipes for this?(:
  • yeahfatty
    yeahfatty Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    gaaah! that looks insanely awesome! so gonna try this. thanks for sharing! :blush:
  • madeleadele
    Options
    @pinggolfer96 linked in my original post :)
  • pmm3437
    pmm3437 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    You said it was delicious, but you didn't say if it mimics the taste and texture ...

... Inquiring minds want to know.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I'd have to try this to believe it!
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    oh boy.. i posted a similar recipe a while back and the backlash was ridiculous. thanks for sharing! i'm glad other people appreciate these types of recipes :)
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Thanks, this looks fabulous and a good reason to go get some chickpeas.
  • pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Here is a site with lots of great recipes, such as this one.chocolatecoveredkatie.com
  • SquatNSparkle
    SquatNSparkle Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    hell yes. I'm printing this and MAKING IT. Cookie dough rocks
  • allyphoe
    allyphoe Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    It appears to have 1500 calories in 1.5 cups of dough! (Six servings at 250 calories each.) I think that looks way too high - it should be less calorie-dense than hummus. Has anyone run it through a recipe builder?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    allyphoe wrote: »
    It appears to have 1500 calories in 1.5 cups of dough! (Six servings at 250 calories each.) I think that looks way too high - it should be less calorie-dense than hummus. Has anyone run it through a recipe builder?

I thought this recipe was made to eat it by the tablespoon normally?

I've tried a few variations of the recipe & while it tastes pretty good it still isn't exactly cookie dough.
  • allyphoe
    allyphoe Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    A serving would be about 1/4 cup, so 4 tablespoons.

I ran it through the recipe builder, and sure enough, ~1200 calories for a batch and 250 calories per 1/4C. Ben & Jerry's has about 160 calories per 1/4C for the peanut buttery flavors.
  • madeleadele
    Options
    pmm3437 wrote: »
    You said it was delicious, but you didn't say if it mimics the taste and texture ...

... Inquiring minds want to know.

Mimics being the operative word here. Not exactly the same, but very similar! It tastes very similar cooked, and has a creamy texture. Smoother than what it's mimicking
  • madeleadele
    Options
    In regards to calorie count, I'm sure there are a lot of recipes without any peanut butter in them, i.e. less calories.

My coworker nixed the PB in her recipe -- nut allergies in my office!
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I make these a lot, but I use raw honey, add a little water to make them into mini-bars and freeze them individually so I don't overeat.

Great for dessert and it's really good!

• SquatNSparkle
    SquatNSparkle Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I just modified: I used the chickpeas, 2 scoops of vanilla protein powder and the peanut butter. As I was blending it, I thought about PB2...next time I will try that to cut the fat, then add some almond milk to balance the creaminess. I ate 2 TBS on a graham cracker for about 125 calories and 7 g protein. 5 g of Fat, but it's mostly the "good kinds" (unsaturated). My sweet tooth is satisfied and the fat helped me feel satiated. Thanks OP for sharing this!