Pineapple ginger chicken stir fry

Options
mathandcats
mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
I made this today and thought it was delicious!

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb chicken breasts
  • 1 large carrot, sliced
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 1 green pepper, sliced into strips
  • 175g sugar snap peas (about 1.5 cups?)
  • 250g pineapple chunks (I used fresh)
  • 2-3 tsp ginger paste (or about 1 inch ginger)
  • 1 cup sliced water chestnuts
  • 6 tbsp soy sauce
  • 4 tbsp sweet chili sauce
  • 2 tbsp rice wine
  • 2 tsp oil

Directions:
  1. Slice the chicken breasts into thin strips. Combine the soy sauce, sweet chili sauce, and ginger paste in a bowl and marinate the chicken while you slice the vegetables.
  2. Heat a large non-stick skillet and add 1 tsp oil. Scoop the chicken out of the marinade and saute until cooked through. When cooked, remove from pan and put it back into the marinade. Scrape the pan reasonably clean.
  3. Add 1 tsp oil and add the onion and carrot. When partially cooked, add the green pepper and rice wine. When the pepper is almost cooked, add the chicken and sauce.
  4. Add the water chestnuts, peas, and pineapple chunks, and cover until heated through. Serve over rice.

I'd say it makes about 4-6 servings. Based on my brand choices and exact quantities of vegetables and chicken, 4 servings would come out to 292cal each (not counting rice). I ate 222 cal worth with some brown rice and it was plenty.

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    That sounds wonderful. Thank you for sharing. Skinless thighs or different cuts on the bone would work great too.