How do you view weekly net calories?

Options
2»

Replies

• MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    ASKyle wrote: »
    My iPhone (5s) shows me "net calories under weekly goal" under the "calories" tab week view.

ETA:Without turning the screen

But is that the average of what you are under like I explained in my first post, or is it
    Calories allowed in a week - Calories already eaten = cals under weekly goal
    Because mine says 'net cals under weekly goal' but it gives me what I explained in my first post on here, not the above equation.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    ASKyle wrote: »
    My iPhone (5s) shows me "net calories under weekly goal" under the "calories" tab week view.

ETA:Without turning the screen

But is that the average of what you are under like I explained in my first post, or is it
    Because mine says 'net cals under weekly goal' but it gives me what I explained in my first post on here, not the above equation.

I'm not exactly clear what you're asking for, but (calories left for the week?) I think only works if you have the view set to last 7 days vs. Monday-Sunday.

I have my view set as last 7 days, and it tells me I have 290 calories left for the week AND a net average of 1259/day.
  • MysticRealm
    Options
    So you only have 290 Cals left to eat for tomorrow and Sunday?Or did you already enter those days?
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    On my iPhone I had to go under nutrition and then just above the graph on my total screen make sure total was clicked instead of net. Net only gave me my daily average whereas total gave me my stats without exercise.
  • MysticRealm
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    On my iPhone I had to go under nutrition and then just above the graph on my total screen make sure total was clicked instead of net. Net only gave me my daily average whereas total gave me my stats without exercise.

THat's still not what I'm looking for. I do not want daily average, I want
    Unfortunately for iphones it seems it does not exist anymore (but it used to!)
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

I get what you mean. It seems to be the luck of the draw... Some people can see it , others can't :confounded:

• MysticRealm
    edited July 2015
    Options

I get what you mean. It seems to be the luck of the draw... Some people can see it , others can't :confounded:

I think most people can't actually see it, they just think that when it says 'cals under weekly goal' that that is it, but that's the 'daily average under cal goal' NOT
  • Christine_72
    Options
    Someone needs to post a screen shot of theirs. I can't post pics on here from my phone. Or maybe you can post a screen shot of what you're seeing, to see if it's the same as everybody else's.
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I used to be able to see it on Android but not anymore. It was my fave feature.
  • MysticRealm
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Someone needs to post a screen shot of theirs. I can't post pics on here from my phone. Or maybe you can post a screen shot of what you're seeing, to see if it's the same as everybody else's.

Alright, here ya go
    411480924.jpg

411480923.jpg

Where it says "Calories Under Weekly Goal" it now means "Average Cals a Day Under Weekly Goal"
    It Used to mean "Calories allowed in a week - Calories already eaten = cals under weekly goal"

So Instead of saying 131 or 132 it should currently say 4062 Because
    Calories allowed in a week (11,900) - Calories already eaten (7838) = Cals Under weekly goal (4062)
    (My week is Mon-Sun)
  • Christine_72
    Options
    Ah ok gotcha. Yes, mine looks exactly like yours.

Pretty pointless numbers really..
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options

Alright, here ya go
    411480924.jpg

411480923.jpg

Where it says "Calories Under Weekly Goal" it now means "Average Cals a Day Under Weekly Goal"
    It Used to mean "Calories allowed in a week - Calories already eaten = cals under weekly goal"

So Instead of saying 131 or 132 it should currently say 4062 Because
    Calories allowed in a week (11,900) - Calories already eaten (7838) = Cals Under weekly goal (4062)
    (My week is Mon-Sun)

Mine is not an average, it tells me exactly how many I have left for the rest of the week. I added it up.
  • MysticRealm
    Options
    minties82 wrote: »

Mine is not an average, it tells me exactly how many I have left for the rest of the week. I added it up.
    Apparently I need to switch the type of phone I have just so I can get this back!
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    It is so weird. I went to next week and added a bunch of random foods to each day, added all the totals and they were accurately minused from the weekly net amount. Why on earth does it do that for some and not for others?

I only have a crappy phone, a samsung galaxy 3 mini. Perhaps it's a regional thing, I am in New Zealand and get updates later than my American chums.