gym help

Options
I just started going to the qym PF and I only use the treadmill and bike sometimes the machine where u turn your torsil anyways im wondering should I just stick to that for now considering I'm over 200 lbs? Any advice thanks

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    The bike is especially good. Does your gym have the ellipticals?
  • kd6984
    kd6984 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Is that the one that looks like stairs or the one that looks like your skiing?
  • RodaRose
    Options
    The skiing one. Have you tried it?
  • kd6984
    Options
    I have once in the past I lasted maybe 4 minutes I'll try it tomorrow thanks for recommending it
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    If you're not used to exercise, I love the stair climbers. They are VERY, VERY low-impact on joints, and you can get a higher burn at a lower level of (perceived) effort than most machines. :)
  • kd6984
    Options
    Thanks I tried that once before too but I couldn't last very long which is why I usually do 30 min on the tread And 20 to 30 on the bike but its getting boring...so I'll try these
  • satisatisati
    satisatisati Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    vary speed of your treadmill. High sprints followed by slow speed. Vary the incline position.
  • RodaRose
    Options
    Do only a few mins in the beginning. Remember that you are beginning on a road that will take patience and continued commitment.
  • kd6984
    Options
    Thanks :smile: so glad I found this part of mfp its great to have support