Body Recomp Group / Buddies

Options
bubaluboo
bubaluboo Posts: 2,098 Member
I've just hit my weightloss goal of having a BMI of 20 but although I have lost weight slowly, my %BF is still quite high at around 25% estimated by calipers which to me agrees with the bulges that I see in the mirror. I guess this is because my protein intake was pretty low and my exercise is all cardio based. So the plan is body recomp as I don't think that it would be wise to lose more lean body mass by continuing as I am. However, this is all new to me and the thought of gaining weight and not getting the lean muscle increase is of concern. Unfortunately, family/work commitments don't give me the option of a gym membership but I do have weights at home and can gear up more if needed.

So all of that to say I could do with some buddies with the same goals and anyone that has had success that can help with a little guidance would be very much appreciated. I did have a look for a body recomp focus group but maybe I didn't use the right search term. If there is one, could someone point me in the right direction and if not, is there any interest in having one?

Thanks for reading!

Replies

• bubaluboo
    Options
    Anyone? How about if I throw in a cute kitty gif?
    Moving-animated-picture-of-tired-kitty-cat_large_zps7f7f8608.gif
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Did you find the body recomp thread? Lots of good advice on there. It'd be nice to have a thread going just sharing experiences/anecdotes as well though.

Personally, I tried mine for about 3 months and decided I want to lose again. But I'm still interested in recomp and my calorie goal is just slightly under maintenance-will probably get back on that train in a month or so.
  • bubaluboo
    Options
    Thanks @arditarose Yes I did see the thread and it's really good but, I'm not sure whether it's me or MFP has changed but I can't seem to keep favorite threads by replying so have to keep searching for it. It's one of those threads that is best read and reread as new questions come up. For that, a group would be great.

Out of interest, what was your BF% when you started, did it improve and why did you decide to cut instead?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    bubaluboo wrote: »
    Thanks @arditarose Yes I did see the thread and it's really good but, I'm not sure whether it's me or MFP has changed but I can't seem to keep favorite threads by replying so have to keep searching for it. It's one of those threads that is best read and reread as new questions come up. For that, a group would be great.

Out of interest, what was your BF% when you started, did it improve and why did you decide to cut instead?

Did you star it on the upper right hand corner of the thread?

I don't know my body fat % for sure. I guess around 22%. I don't think it changed much in 3 months either. Recomps take a long long time. I did see some changes though. My arms got a bit more cut, my abs started peeking through a little. That's about it. Too short of a time for much progress.
  • bubaluboo
    Options
    Do you know I just noticed the star DOH! But now I'm going back and searching for the thread and can't find it!

Yeah, I heard it takes a while but it's good that you saw results in the mirror in that time - that at least gives me hope that I'll stick with it. What lifting plan did you follow if any?
  • KaleYogaGin
    KaleYogaGin Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey OP, just came across your question as I was looking for information and discussions on recomp. I can see your post was from a few months ago - I'm hopefully going to be in your starting position soon enough, and I was wondering how things are going for you? Have you seen much progress so far? Congratulations on reaching your weight goals and all the best with the recomp! :)