Sooo overwhelmed !

Options
Title says it all . . Any ways to gain weight without focusing on calories . I tend to eat less which is why counting helps . It can push me to eat more . I'm currently back up to eating at maintenance but I'm already tired of food again :/

Replies

• LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Well... you need to be a caloric surplus in order to gain weight. So, if you don't want to count per say... your next best bet would be to eat calorie dense foods:

Nuts
    Nut Butters
    Full Fat Dairy
    Fattier cuts of meat
    Oils
    Pasta
    Rice
    Bagels

etc....

And yes, the obvious Ice Cream, Gelato, Cookies, Cake, Donuts, Brownies, Pie etc.

I'd also make sure to intake adequate protein and nutrient dense foods like fruit and veggies.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options
    Almonds
    Ice Cream
    Almonds
    Peanut Butter Jars
    Almonds
    Burger Kings
    Small children
    Almonds
    Beer
    Beer
    Almonds
    Almonds
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter cups.
  • PinkkRosesX
    PinkkRosesX Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    Peanut butter cups.

Reese's are amazing !
  • PinkkRosesX
    Options
    Almonds
    Ice Cream
    Almonds
    Peanut Butter Jars
    Almonds
    Burger Kings
    Small children
    Almonds
    Beer
    Beer
    Almonds
    Almonds

I do lots of nut butters . But I don't drink or eat children . In fact , I eat a vegan diet for ethical reasons . ((:
  • PinkkRosesX
    Options
    Well... you need to be a caloric surplus in order to gain weight. So, if you don't want to count per say... your next best bet would be to eat calorie dense foods:

Nuts
    Nut Butters
    Full Fat Dairy
    Fattier cuts of meat
    Oils
    Pasta
    Rice
    Bagels

etc....

And yes, the obvious Ice Cream, Gelato, Cookies, Cake, Donuts, Brownies, Pie etc.

I'd also make sure to intake adequate protein and nutrient dense foods like fruit and veggies.

Thank you . I'm eating 7 + times most days and I still struggle . I eat a vegan , mostly plant based diet so I guess that's all the problem .
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Actually vegan doesn't mean you can't gain. Oreos and Potato chips are vegan. While I don't recommend them as regular additions, you can add them in once in a while to vary your diet.

Look at vegan snack choices that are high in calories. My daughter even found a vegan cheese popcorn and vegan chicken tenders. Get creative a little.

FYI, my daughter is not an eater either, had stomach problems and went vegan and began gaining again. she is no longer vegan as it wasn't helping any longer, but she did gain weight while being vegan. Working out and lifting weights helps as well.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options
    Almonds
    Ice Cream
    Almonds
    Peanut Butter Jars
    Almonds
    Burger Kings
    Small children
    Almonds
    Beer
    Beer
    Almonds
    Almonds

I do lots of nut butters . But I don't drink or eat children . In fact , I eat a vegan diet for ethical reasons . ((:
    Vegan. Well, in that case, you could try adding in TVP (textured vegetable protein) and tofu scrambles, tempeh (grill it), or if you want to drink more of your calories -- look at Pea or other soy proteins.
  • jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Almonds
    Ice Cream
    Almonds
    Peanut Butter Jars
    Almonds
    Burger Kings
    Small children
    Almonds
    Beer
    Beer
    Almonds
    Almonds

Errrr.....I think he means ALL of the peanut butter that is inside the Jar, not the jar itself. That could/would be lethal....... :trollface: