Is it still water?

Options
13»

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »
    I don't want to sound rude here but what is wrong with your water supply?

Sure if your water is a bit brown or yellow or smells funny or can be lit on fire I can understand having issues.

But are you guys complaining about the taste of clean fresh water? Unable to drink water with out some flavouring?

This seems very odd to me.
    Some places have better tasting water than others. It took me a long, long time to get used to the water after I moved here.

I forgot once, when a friend came to visit, and gave her a glass of ice water. Before she got it to her mouth, she smelled it and was making a face and sniffing. I was like, "Oh, I'm sorry! I forgot!" She was all, "Is it the water? The ice?"

It was both. Our water smells weird and tastes bad. I usually give out-of-town guests the bottled stuff. Even when the water is healthy (which, at one point, it was not), it's something most people really have to get used to.

Even my cat will only drink the tap water as a last resort. She sniffs it and walks away and mews at me. That's not "bottled water silliness" - that's an instinct. The stuff smells bad and tastes bad and even an animal says, "Nope, this stuff isn't any good." Even if I mix half tap and half bottled, when she comes in, she smells it and won't drink it, so she gets the bottled stuff.

Now that I'm used to it, I don't notice it, but water tastes different here, for sure!
  • bmchenry02
    bmchenry02 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I don't follow their plan but Chris and Heidi Powell say chick fil a's diet lemonade is approved on their plan. I say start with flavor and slowly wean yourself off if that's your ultimate goal.

I'm really picky with water. I don't like it from a glass in my home but will gulp it down with a straw/thermos type cup.

I didn't used to like tepid bottled water and now I grab one regularly with no issues.

You're not weird
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    It's fluid intake that matters - it doesn't have to be all plain water. I wouldn't count soda, and alcohol definitely doesn't count, but any flavored/sparkling water, coffee, tea, juice, etc. counts. Just make sure you account for any added calories.

Also, water tastes like nothing. Not sure how you can dislike something that tastes like nothing.
    Actually, water tastes like chlorine where I live.

I use a Brita to filter out the chlorine taste and odor.

• dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Any water based drink counts as water for hydration purposes. The difference is what else is in there. Yes, you can drink soda all day and stay hydrated, but you're also putting a lot more sugar in your body than you should be, so that's not a good idea. I use powder packets, like Propel or G2 to add flavor so I can drink it. That's perfectly fine and some of them aren't pure aspertame, so there's some good options out there. I personally like the Propel Citrus Punch. It's like drinking Sweetarts. XD
    Merkavar wrote: »
    I don't want to sound rude here but what is wrong with your water supply?

Sure if your water is a bit brown or yellow or smells funny or can be lit on fire I can understand having issues.

But are you guys complaining about the taste of clean fresh water? Unable to drink water with out some flavouring?

This seems very odd to me.

I HATE the taste of water. I can always taste the minerals and things they used to purify it, so it always has a bitter aftertaste to me. And some places are worse: I grew up next to a water treatment plant. My dad was fine with tap water, but both my mom and I refused to drink it because it was so bitter tasting to us. Some people just have more sensitive tastebuds and it does make a difference to them.