Lower ab tenderness (for weeks now)

Options
OK this is a recurring problem that I seem to have every time I start a diet/exercise plan. This happened to me about 2 years ago when I was going to a personal trainer. my doc can't find anything physically wrong with me but it's really bothersome and causes anxiety for me so I wanted to see if anyone else has ever experienced it.

Since I started exercising every day about 6 weeks ago, I've had tenderness in my lower abdomen and sometimes it feels slightly swollen. I actually thought I had an ovarian cyst but it was ruled out. It doesn't actually hurt, but it's a constant tenderness and an occasional slight burning feeling. I can't find anything that describes it online. Last time this happened 2 years ago, it was enough that I stopped going to the trainer and it eventually completely derailed my weight loss (the sensation disappeared a little while after I quit). I'm actually starting to think that I'm subconsciously sabotaging my weight loss even though consciously it's the last thing I want.

Any help/armchair doctors/shrinks? LOL