Creative clothing tips for when you are in-between sizes?

Options
13»

Replies

• tkphotogirl
    tkphotogirl Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    After my hysterectomy I pretty much lived in cycle shorts and empire line sundresses. Comfort all the way!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    P.S. A "fupa" is the area below your lower stomach. It stands for fat upper p-$$! area.
    Where I come from its used to describe a mid to lower belly pouch, Not what you are describing. We have another name for those, but I will not repeat it here. *Notice the difference is spelling Foo-Pa?*

That's how we describe FUPA here - the lower stomach part, but it stands for exactly what sockmonkey said. This is so ridiculous, but here's a pic for clarity lmao!
    1ecxjksyrym2.jpg

Does this mean we are going to get a picture of the other kind of F.U.P.A. or foo-pa or faux pas or whatever?

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    OP,

1) To curve or not to curve?: Curvy jeans are made with more space in the butt and hips for girls with extra junk. You need the opposite ( more space at the waist area). These are not for you

2). Having grown up with a big azz in the 80s I can tell you high waisted jeans and the Jr section might work well for you. Imagine a jean built straight with almost no curves for butts for young developing women. Now add to that a high waist that covers and holds in completely your FUPA. Consider buying these in a tad bigger size that fits your waist comfortably and then take them in down the hips if needed. My cousins used to successfully do this as teens while I had taking waists in to look forward to.

3). Red Ribbon is a new brand making shapewear (which I also find confining). However, they are also making awesome leggings for fashion that emphasize waist support. Lorna Jane does this well for fitness clothes.

4) Maxi dresses, foldover skirts and yoga pants/leggings are your friend. So are empire waist skirts and tops.

5). Stretchier versions of jeans may help give comfortable support and especially "NYDJ" and "Kut from the Cloth" jeans or Lane Bryant with waist panels for support at the front at pockets. (Atlhough you may have already shrunk out of Lane Bryant sizes).

6). Nordstrom has some pretty "jeany" leggings at their hosiery department. The brand to look for is called "Hue" and they can be so cute. Here's a link. http://www.hue.com/leggings/denim-leggings.htm.

7). I think the following articles with pics may interest you. http://40plusstyle.com/how-to-wear-jeans-over-40-some-guidelines-and-ideas/ and http://40plusstyle.com/how-to-wear-leggings-over-40-an-extensive-guide/.

8). Hope these ideas help and congratulations on your success so far, can't wait to see you turn your "FUPA" into a FIT-PA!
  • HummingNutter
    HummingNutter Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    P.S. A "fupa" is the area below your lower stomach. It stands for fat upper p-$$! area.
    Where I come from its used to describe a mid to lower belly pouch, Not what you are describing. We have another name for those, but I will not repeat it here. *Notice the difference is spelling Foo-Pa?*

That's how we describe FUPA here - the lower stomach part, but it stands for exactly what sockmonkey said. This is so ridiculous, but here's a pic for clarity lmao!
    1ecxjksyrym2.jpg

As I stated I understand what you mean. A foo-pa is a mistake.... meaning that your surgeon didn't get a straight close on your incision site,...meaning one side of your lower abdomen, ABOVE your pubic bone is larger than the other.
    Let me clarify, I was asking for creative clothing tips. And thanks to those that provided answers.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Did you mean that the clothes were literally falling off? I seriously have not had this problem and I get the same shorts in different sizes. When I ordered the 14s, I ordered 12s and 10s, too. I can wear the 12 before the 14 is literally falling off.

It gets big, but right Bout the time I'm like, "This is just way too big!" I can put on the next size down.
  • gizmom19
    gizmom19 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Lol! I have now been educated on FUPA. Thanks to urban dictionary. Although not as bad as the pictures posted here unfortunately I have one too
  • snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Dresses and jumpers with boy short type underpants are the way to go. Check out old navy ...ton's of jumpers on sale right now.

Congratulations on your weight loss.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i buy 90% of my clothes from thrift stores. my sizing changes too rapidly to spend any significant amount of money on clothes, but i refuse to walk around in baggy clothes!

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,119 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    As I stated I understand what you mean. A foo-pa is a mistake....

That's a faux pas.

-- an embarrassing or tactless act or remark in a social situation.
    -- synonyms: gaffe, blunder, mistake
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    As I stated I understand what you mean. A foo-pa is a mistake....

That's a faux pas.

-- an embarrassing or tactless act or remark in a social situation.
    -- synonyms: gaffe, blunder, mistake

A FUPA faux pas?