Do you consider yourself successful in achieving, on the path to achieving, your goals?

Options

Replies

• 29_adjacent
    29_adjacent Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Yes.

83 pounds.

CICO achieved by moderation/flexible eating

Exactly this.

• Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Yes. I never had a lot to lose, just wanted to be firmer and look better so about 6 years ago I got more serious about lifting like I had been in high school and college. I don't count calories, I do pay more attention to protein than i did before (once I upped my protein I started seeing the strength gains I was looking for) I was sidelined by back to back pregnancies (my 3rd and 4th babies) and had to gain weight back I lost, and start at square one with strength as my muscle and stamina were GONE. Two years of a feeding tube and bed rest will do that to ya. But, I'm back. I feel great. My bench and my dead aren't where they were three years ago, but I'm getting closer.
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    On the path. Successfully lost a significant amount of weight a few years ago, maintained through celebrations, a traumatic series of deaths in the family and without excessive exercise (a crutch I've used in the past to counter poor eating habits and the first thing that goes out the window when life is stressful).

Now, I firmly believe it's just a matter of time until I lose the rest but I'm not there yet so who knows? I'm definitely content and not struggling though!
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    On the path...I didn't have a lot to lose in the first place. It's slow going for me but that's fine. I'm only trying to incorporate things that are sustainable like the exercise, the weighing food, paying more attention to protein.
  • gonettie2015
    gonettie2015 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Yes. Heres the thing. Ive lost 122 pounds and I must confess....I DONT MEASURE ANYTHING>>>>(hiding in the corner waiting for someone to shout that its impossible to lose un less you measure and weigh everything) But Move more eat less...works for me

You admitted it, I haven't until now...
    I log everything but I don't have a food scale. Occasionally, I use measuring cups and spoons and over-estimate what i'm eating when I'm out. Since I've been losing at the expected rate, I must be doing a decent job with the estimates. I want what I'm doing to be easily sustainable and flexible.
    ... I know it doesn't take much time to weigh things which is what I'll start to do if what I'm doing stops working for me. so far, so good.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    On the path. Have lost 50 lbs, with 25 more to go to get into a normal BMI range.

CICO, moderation, exercise. The troika of success. <3
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    On the path.
    84 pounds down, 20-30 more to go.
    Using a commercial diet plan, did therapy and tons of behavioral change reading/work.
    I think I'll be "on the path" for years, even after reaching goal.
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    On the path.
    73lbs down. 40-50lbs left to lose.
    CICO/flexible eating, though I did also try Keto and loved it but couldn't stick to it.
    My biggest success is not saying "screw it" for the whole week when I mess up one day.
    Walking and intermittant running have been my staples.
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Very successful, thanks to MFP.

48lb loss, no plateaus, steady downward trend over two years (in October).

4-6lbs to maintenance.

Moderation and portion control along with moderate exercise for overall health.

CICO, no good/bad foods or other rules.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I lost about 65 pounds from my high of 188 at 5'2". I did it slowly in 20 pound increments and it took me about 15 years in all cause I would stop and maintain for a few years and then continue on. I used WW for 30 pounds, then cico on my own and then MFP for the last 15 pounds. Now I hover between 122-128 but eventually I'd like to settle at 120-125.
    I'm very pleased with my journey.
    I learned that going on a "diet" does not do it for me. I want to eat a wide variety of foods with nothing off limits. I've maintained 122-128 for 4 years.
    ETA-I lift 3x a week and cardio 6x.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    And how do you define how you got there

Short answers only please

I do, lost 54lbs easily and at maintenance since Feb

Used CICO, no good/bad foods or other rules

You?

I do too,
    Lost almost 100 pounds since October 2014 ( 261 days)
    Have about 16 to 20 to go.
    Used CICO no good or bad foods....but for some medical issues i dont add salt or sugar to my cooking...which doesnt mean i dont eat sugar or fruit etc..but i have to watch it...when ever i can i eat my donuts, ice cream etc ;) Just moderation.
    I walk and swim 6 days a week ( my rule is to at least burn 1500 calories a week in exercise)
  • noclady1995
    noclady1995 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    On my way to achieving.

CICO/Flexible eating/sometimes HIIT (not much)....and weight training.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Well on my way! I'm using CICO and making sure to hit my macros, especially protein. I ramped up my workouts so I have more calories, and now I feel stronger, too. 10 pounds down in 2 months. 5 more to go.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Yes I do. Lost the last 15 pounds and have been able to maintain that for three years.

CICO, with a bit of an eye towards macro watching
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,652 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    On various paths :smile:

Jan 2014: "no more sub 1,000 step days"
    Mar 2014: "get back down to 260lbs and a minimum of 5000 steps a day"
    Sept 2014: "stay around 250 and 10K steps a day while on vacation/out of town visitors
    Oct 2014: "lose lots till Christmas"
    late November 2014:
    "OMG! I can't keep this up! There has to be a better way: MFP found!"
    Dec 2014: sticky posts, enlightenment, controlled weight loss begins

July 2015: controlled weight loss based on CICO, min 90 minutes of moderate activity daily, almost 0 vigorous as of yet, keeping an eye on lean mass with periodic DXA scans
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    On the path
    Lost 35pounds
    Using flexible dieting
    Stopped labeling foods good and bad
    Use a scale for almost everything.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Yes. I've lost between 60 or 70 pounds. Depends where I am in my range. I eat what I want. (except medium rare chicken). <got to have one rule.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Yes. I've lost between 60 or 70 pounds. Depends where I am in my range. I eat what I want. (except medium rare chicken). <got to have one rule.

If you're gonna have a rule, that's a pretty good one.

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    On the path (recomp is a LONG process).

CICO and lots of hard work.