The 1 week Egg Diet

Options
Evening All,

I have seen a diet and heard alot of people on about it from work called the 1 week egg diet.

Has anyone ever done this? how did they find it? did they loose much weight from it?

Thanks

Replies

• ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Whatever it is, is not sustainable. It would also be lacking in nutrients.

Lose weight the way you plan to maintain. No crash/woo/dr oz diets.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Google turned up this: http://blog.slimmingsolutions.com/all/the-1-week-diet-the-egg-diet/

Sounds stupid.

Why not just start weighing/logging your food and eat at a moderate deficit?

You will get nowhere with fad diets.
  • thedarkwombat
    thedarkwombat Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    no diet works if you cant sustain
  • msujack
    msujack Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    its sounds more like a bad dare or bet than a diet to me. Just CICO.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    No idea but if the plan only lasts a week, any results you get will probably only last a week too.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Um...."Shed up to 14 pounds in 1 week"

That would be 1 reason to skip this one......a 2 pound loss everyday would be a 7,000 calorie deficit every single day. I don't think a 7'6" tall man weighing 600 pounds could accomplish this. Beyond ridiculous

Found this review: Drawbacks of the 1 Week Egg Diet

◾Being a fad diet, egg diet cannot be called a healthy diet program. Moreover, mostly nutrient dense foods such as vegetables and several other highly nutritious food items are forbidden in the plan.
    ◾The program offers high protein, low carb diet. So in the beginning, it might be challenging for you to mold you with the low carb diet schedule. You are likely to experience dizziness, nausea, headache etc. in initial days of the program.
    ◾No matter how favorite the food item is to you, when you are supposed to eat the same foods over and over again, you are likely to despise them.
    ◾You cannot continue your workout regime while abiding by the plan because you require calories and energy to continue with your workouts. However, low carb diet does not bestow you sufficient energy to go along with workouts.
    ◾Surplus consumption of eggs might cause bad breath, constipation, flatulence etc. in you.
    ◾Like all other fad diets, egg diet too provides only short term benefit of weight loss. You will regain weight as you will revert to your old eating habits

Just eat less calories than your body takes to maintain your current weight.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Google turned up this: http://blog.slimmingsolutions.com/all/the-1-week-diet-the-egg-diet/

Sounds stupid.

Truly one of the dumbest things I've ever read.

The diet, not your post.
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    "The basis of this diet is chemical, not quantities."
    So eggs and celery create a unique chemical reaction that destroys fat at a rate that defies physics? Seems legit.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    So eggs and celery create a unique chemical reaction that destroys fat at a rate that defies physics? Seems legit.

Chemical reaction? Yes. It comes out your butt.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options

Seriously.

So stupid.
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    ooohhh Lordy!!! EGGS!!!!

This is how I see this diet going.....you'll get so sick of egss by day 2 you won't eat very many by the end of the week. Therefore you will eat less calories. Less calories = weight loss.

Or a better diet would be to just eat less calories of what you normally eat.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    OP, please be careful. This is a fad diet, and they are often unhealthy and unsafe.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options

Sounds stupid.

^^^^ This.

Just about every single trick fad diet follows this template. You are told to eat a plan that is basically a very low calorie diet for a limited time, telling you that the things you eat are the secret and not overall calories. You shed a lot of water weight thanks to the low calorie plan. After it's done you quickly gain the water weight back.

There's no quick fix, just nod at your co-workers and set a plan for yourself that will last.
  • AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Gaston-Juggling-Eggs-Beauty-and-the-Beast.gif
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it, but now I want eggs.
  • NordicLifter78
    NordicLifter78 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I see this in your future,

greg_fart_with_bad_gas_problem_hg_clr.gif
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Egg diet? That's cracked. You have to be yolking me! I'm no chicken, but that "diet" can't hold a feather to just eating at deficit. I'd scratch that idea OP, and pen your efforts somewhere else, other than being cooped up with some flightless scheme.
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    AlisonH729 wrote: »
    Gaston-Juggling-Eggs-Beauty-and-the-Beast.gif

Well, now THAT song is stuck in my head. Thank you.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    Egg diet? That's cracked. You have to be yolking me! I'm no chicken, but that "diet" can't hold a feather to just eating a deficit. I'd scratch that idea OP, and pen your efforts somewhere else, other than being cooped up with some flightless scheme.

Winner winner, chicken dinner^^^
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    trix are for kids