First day of eating 20% below TDEE

Options
Okay to eat 20% below my tdee I had to increase calories per meal a lot.

My diary is open so can you check to see if it's too much ?

Ty

Replies

• MyProgressISYour1Proof
    MyProgressISYour1Proof Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    It all depends on your stats like age, height and weight
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Maybe try a TDEE that relies on lean mass, if you aren't.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    It all depends on your stats like age, height and weight

For sure,

without the numbers nobody else can tell.....
  • ProjectJepo
    Options
    5ft 11 Inches
    18 Years old
    296.8 Weight
  • MyProgressISYour1Proof
    MyProgressISYour1Proof Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    It still seems like a lot to me even with your stats. How much are you exercising if you are?
  • ProjectJepo
    Options
    4 Days a week. Usually Weight training

usually 40 mins+ per workout
  • proudandprejudiced
    Options
    Holy F***! I think you've worked something out wrong bro. And think of it, by INCREASING your portions are you gonna lose weight?
  • knjitters
    knjitters Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Im far from an expert on here but I punched your numbers in the websites use and they both came out with a TDEE of about 3200 and at 20% below you would be at 2600.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I put your info into the Scooby calculator and it gave me:

BMR 2694
    TDEE 4176
    -20% 3341

You're young, tall and active. Your age plays a huge part in your numbers. I put you in as moderately active.

This is where I got it..
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • ProjectJepo
    Options
    Holy CRAP...

Lol......

What websites did you use to find that ?
  • the_green_midget
    the_green_midget Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Im far from an expert on here but I punched your numbers in the websites use and they both came out with a TDEE of about 3200 and at 20% below you would be at 2600.

Yup. I got the same as you. Used the calculator on Fat 2 Fit Radio: http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

This seems more reasonable to me. My first thought was "did OP forget the -20%"
  • ProjectJepo
    Options
    What does everyone suggest about portions etc?
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Holy F***! I think you've worked something out wrong bro. And think of it, by INCREASING your portions are you gonna lose weight?

You should probably educate yourself on how weight/fat loss works. Here's a hint: it's not by starving.
  • xinit0
    xinit0 Posts: 310 Member
    Options

Sometimes, that's how it works - if you've spent any time around the forums here, certainly you've heard the phrase "eat more to lose." It's no joke. People tend to think "If cutting 500 calories per day is good, then cutting 1000+ must be even better!" and it's not always the case.
  • xinit0
    xinit0 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    What does everyone suggest about portions etc?

Portions are up to you - just don't eat 50% of your calories before 10AM or it'll feel like the longest day ever...
  • Rwheltsley
    Rwheltsley Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Doesn't look right to me man.

Using the calculators I came up with anywhere from 2900-3800, but the majority centered around 3200.

I would say that your goal should be more like 2500 calories, not 3200 calories. I, personally, would cut even a bit more off of that - I found for me personally that a 20% cut is painfully slow at progress especially when weight training.

Also, you look to have a lot of fats in your diet - the milk, cheese, etc. I would try and cut out some of the bread and dairy and swap it for protein.
  • Amberlynnek
    Amberlynnek Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    You have zero fruits and veggies, and you should use the mobile app to check your percentage ratios of carb/protein/fat.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    How Many Calories Should I Eat?
    Activity Level Daily Calories
    Sedentary (little or no exercise, desk job) 2509
    Lightly Active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/wk) 2875
    Moderately Active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/wk) 3241
    Very Active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days/wk) 3607
    Extremely Active (hard daily exercise/sports & physical job or 2X day training, i.e marathon, contest etc.) 3973

This is what I get from the fat2fit radio site. His numbers are correct. He's 18, he's 5'11, and he's 296lbs. He SHOULD be eating that much. I'd say he's moderately active, and that has him at 3241. It already takes into account the goal weight, so that IS his cut.

He's young, and big (tall). He will lose eating that much.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    The scooby calculator gives you a TDEE of 3200-2700 depending on whether or not your 160 minutes of weight training is considered 1-3 hours light exercise or 3-5 hours moderate. Only you know and your rate of fat burning will be able to confirm it.

If at the lower end, TDEE is about 3200 so you could cut to about 2600. If at the higher end, TDEE is more like 3700 and you can cut to about 2900.

Try splitting the difference and cutting to 2750-2800 and aim for 240g protein each day.

My husband, while more than twice your age, burns about 3400 calories daily and eats 2600 to lose. He's 6'2" and 275 lbs.