Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Logging exercise

Hi,

My name is Kat and I am a returning user of this site but serious about it this time! I have a question regarding logging my exercise...I am able to record walking which I do mostly on my treadmill at a moderate speed, but I also do it on varying incline levels but this program does not recognize anything I try to log beyond "walking". I also work out with weights but again, the program is not allowing me to record when I use weights and/or how much weight I want to record. Can anyone out there help me? Or is there some kind of contact for tech support for myfitnesspal.com?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Kat

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited July 2015
    MFP uses general categories because calorie burns are guestimates, typically generous ones. Most MFP users will eat only a % of calories back, say 50-75% to make up for this.

A heart rate monitor will help with the treadmill (steady state cardio). But strength training is extremely difficult to estimate. If you want an estimate, log strength under cardiovascular - strength training or circuit training if your routine includes cardio (along with weights).