Logging exercise

Options
Hi,

My name is Kat and I am a returning user of this site but serious about it this time! I have a question regarding logging my exercise...I am able to record walking which I do mostly on my treadmill at a moderate speed, but I also do it on varying incline levels but this program does not recognize anything I try to log beyond "walking". I also work out with weights but again, the program is not allowing me to record when I use weights and/or how much weight I want to record. Can anyone out there help me? Or is there some kind of contact for tech support for myfitnesspal.com?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Kat

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    MFP uses general categories because calorie burns are guestimates, typically generous ones. Most MFP users will eat only a % of calories back, say 50-75% to make up for this.

A heart rate monitor will help with the treadmill (steady state cardio). But strength training is extremely difficult to estimate. If you want an estimate, log strength under cardiovascular - strength training or circuit training if your routine includes cardio (along with weights).