Lost 10 lbs in 2 months!

Options
ak4niner
ak4niner Posts: 7 Member
I know for some people this doesn't seem like a lot, but I've been hovering around the 235-250 lb area for the past 6 years. I've never been able to keep going for longer than a week before this last stretch.

It's early, but it's been a tough journey so far. First, I got super-serious about counting every calorie. If I couldn't weigh it and I didn't have the exact serving size I overestimate by a little bit. (Yeah, I know I still might be underweighing the food, but I'm trying to account for that.) I've increased my exercise routine; I walk, bicycle and do Tae Kwon-Do. I also do a little strength training.

I also weigh myself every morning. Yeah, I know this can be a big weight-loss sin, but it allows for a closer calculation of calories burned in exercising. I also don't look at the day-to-day weight but I look at the previous 7-day average. I also look at how close my theoretical weight loss (i.e. for every 3500 calories I go deficient I lose one pound) is to my actual weight loss. It's bounced up and down but my actual weight loss follows the theoretical weight loss trend.

This is getting into TL;DR territory, but I want to ask a question. I've put down I have a sedentary lifestyle. I monitor my steps (I don't count the exercise since that is tracked by RunKeeper and I don't want to double-count) and I give myself one calorie of exercise per 20 steps above 3000 I take. Does that sound correct? Is there any other advice out there that I can make this better?

Replies

• discretekim
    discretekim Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Someone recently told me steps for sedentary are under 5k. But that doesn't seem to be how it calculates for me. Congrats though. Seems what you are doing is working for now at least!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!