Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

RUNNERS - HELP!

I started running in August of 2012, and was LOVING IT. After my 3rd half marathon this year on June 1, I injured my knee. Patellofemoral pain, it seems. I haven't run but 2 miles since June 1st, and I am really having a hard time. I have been biking and using the elliptical, but IT'S NOT THE SAME. My mood is plummeting, I am gaining weight. I had registered for 26.2 in October, but I may not be ready to start the training schedule on July 9th if my knee doesn't heal. Every day that I feel the knee twinge I get more and more depressed. Granted, it IS healing. The pain is less than it has been, but there is still a twinge of pain when I walk that tells me that I am not ready to run yet. I don't want to feel so hopeless but OMG. UGH.
Anyone have any inspirational injury comeback stories? Advice? Words of wisdom?

Replies

• scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Your fitness loss will be minimal with the crosstraining you're doing so don't be so hard on yourself.

My first year back running (2011) I missed nearly the whole month of July because of a broken foot and because I was down on myself, and lazy, I didn't do any crosstraining at all. After 4 1/2 weeks on the couch I restarted training with 14 weeks left until the marathon. I had to build up slowly because of continuing pain and didn't start feeling back to normal until mid Sept, 7 weeks to the marathon. I still managed to run a 3:50, not my best but not to terribly bad either.