I just want to look good naked

Options
2»

Replies

• brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Weakening your core isn't something you see as wrong? Actually squishing your organs around isn't something you see as wrong?

Likes and feels don't supersede science, fact, and logic.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I'm on the "don't use a waist trainer" bandwagon. Sorry, I think they are risky.

But, the good news is, there's a way you totally can look better naked - strength training! Look into a progressive lifting program like Stronglifts 5x5 or New Rules of Lifting for Women.

Muscles rock :)
  • RachelJohnson130
    RachelJohnson130 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one here that actually agrees that waist training can be good?? Guys stop attacking her! As long as you don't go so small that you can't survive without one, corsets aren't gonna kill ya. I have two and have been meaning to get back into waist training. Before when I did it my posture improved, I noticed a significant difference in the size of my waist (when I wasn't wearing the corset), and I just felt good!
  • brianpperkins
    Options
    Am I the only one here that actually agrees that waist training can be good?? Guys stop attacking her! As long as you don't go so small that you can't survive without one, corsets aren't gonna kill ya. I have two and have been meaning to get back into waist training. Before when I did it my posture improved, I noticed a significant difference in the size of my waist (when I wasn't wearing the corset), and I just felt good!

Telling the truth about "waist training" isn't an attack. Again, feels and likes don't supersede science.

• Jacqui_Runs
    Jacqui_Runs Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'm wrong here, but in the time of the 1700-1800, romantic novels and stuff, women wore corsets every day, and their waists were incredibly small. Now, it actually rearranged their internal organs because they wore them so tight, but they worked to make a small waist. No it doesn't help with working off calories, but the way some of you are talking to this girl is really discouraging and demeaning her intellect. There is a better way to express your professional opinion.

As long as she's exercising and eating right, who cares what else she wears? Let the girl live.

However honey, don't wear that thing to tight, because it could harm you in the long run. But I wish you an AWESOME weight loss journey!!
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
  • jlking523
    jlking523 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies!
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    You are not listening to the people that are giving you real advice. Ninerbuff gave you the information you need and you are thanking someone else. But but but
  • KateSimpson17
    KateSimpson17 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    You are not listening to the people that are giving you real advice. Ninerbuff gave you the information you need and you are thanking someone else. But but but

She didn't ask for your opinions on her waist trainer. People wore corsets constantly for years in the past, as long as she's being careful there's nothing wrong with it. Y'all need to calm down and get off her back. Just losing weight doesn't get you a flat stomach, even when I was small in high school I still had a bit of a gut.
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    jlking523 wrote: »
    But that's the thing... It works for me. May not work for everyone else. Until you've tried it, you can't say it doesn't work, and you especially can't say it doesn't work for me... Not here to argue, I'm here for motivation... You're not doing a good job at that, soooo.... Bye. ☺️
    You "think" it works for you. But what you're looking for isn't motivation (that's internal and no one can get you to do something you don't want to), but pacification or justification on what you're doing.
    Anyway, I gave you advice and have trained hundreds of people who were looking for the same thing you're looking for. Hopefully anyone lurking who reads this will understand that experience in the field actually counts.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

"motivation" has many different definitions. Sure, it's something you give yourself, but other people encouraging you is motivation too, you make it sound like she's an attention *kitten* or something, the whole point of having a weight loss COMMUNITY is to encourage and motivate eachother.
    A waist trainer doesn't do anything for weight loss or shaping your body. Your shape is your shape and using a corset to try to manipulate your shape is in vain. Yes you'll have a smaller mid section while wearing it, but after taking it off, the skin and tissue will expand back out to where it's supposed to be.
    You want a flat stomach? Consistent calorie deficit with some weight training to help retain lean muscle. There really are no gimmicks or short cuts to achieve it. Well unless you're thinking lipo.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Vain? Wanting to look good is vain? WTF is wrong with you?? Isn't that why most of us are here? To be healthy and to LOOK GOOD! A woman takes care of herself and she's vain, but if she didn't care about her appearance she'd be "ugly" "ratchet" or something else along those lines.
    There's NOTHING wrong with wanting to look a certain way. If a girl wants to wear makeup or lose weight or wear something because it makes her feel good then that's awesome!

Sorry for ranting, but y'all need to step off and leave this girl alone.
  • Therealobi1
    Options
    kateyb94 wrote: »

She didn't ask for your opinions on her waist trainer. People wore corsets constantly for years in the past, as long as she's being careful there's nothing wrong with it. Y'all need to calm down and get off her back. Just losing weight doesn't get you a flat stomach, even when I was small in high school I still had a bit of a gut.
    jlking523 wrote: »
    But that's the thing... It works for me. May not work for everyone else. Until you've tried it, you can't say it doesn't work, and you especially can't say it doesn't work for me... Not here to argue, I'm here for motivation... You're not doing a good job at that, soooo.... Bye. ☺️
    You "think" it works for you. But what you're looking for isn't motivation (that's internal and no one can get you to do something you don't want to), but pacification or justification on what you're doing.
    Anyway, I gave you advice and have trained hundreds of people who were looking for the same thing you're looking for. Hopefully anyone lurking who reads this will understand that experience in the field actually counts.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

"motivation" has many different definitions. Sure, it's something you give yourself, but other people encouraging you is motivation too, you make it sound like she's an attention *kitten* or something, the whole point of having a weight loss COMMUNITY is to encourage and motivate eachother.
    A waist trainer doesn't do anything for weight loss or shaping your body. Your shape is your shape and using a corset to try to manipulate your shape is in vain. Yes you'll have a smaller mid section while wearing it, but after taking it off, the skin and tissue will expand back out to where it's supposed to be.
    You want a flat stomach? Consistent calorie deficit with some weight training to help retain lean muscle. There really are no gimmicks or short cuts to achieve it. Well unless you're thinking lipo.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Vain? Wanting to look good is vain? WTF is wrong with you?? Isn't that why most of us are here? To be healthy and to LOOK GOOD! A woman takes care of herself and she's vain, but if she didn't care about her appearance she'd be "ugly" "ratchet" or something else along those lines.
    There's NOTHING wrong with wanting to look a certain way. If a girl wants to wear makeup or lose weight or wear something because it makes her feel good then that's awesome!

Sorry for ranting, but y'all need to step off and leave this girl alone.

the only one who needs to calm down is yourself. and dont forget other people come in and start reading posts and think oh waist trainer what a good idea. so thats why people will jump in and warn others.
    She can do whatever she likes
    and you dont need to be sorry, you can rant your head off if you'd like, after all is your body.
  • Therealobi1
    Options
    p.s she did say she wanted to be healthy, so she got healthy advice.
  • brianpperkins
    Options
    Based on who gets accused of attacking and who gets thanked, it appears we have yet another thread not really looking for advice but rather seeking reinforcement of an existing confirmation bias. "I know.... But" said it all. As long as the "but" remains primary in the OP's mind, facts won't matter.

• Mrj183
    Mrj183 Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    i know your struggle. ive slways been big and strong. last yeat i shed alot of fat and dropped 30kgs. i know i look fit and strong now....but I WANT ABS!!! LOL