Red Velvet Cake Mix

Options
kitkatkarr
kitkatkarr Posts: 97 Member
Don't judge me!

Recently, I've started to use diet coke with red velvet cake mix and I microwaved it. Quick and easy.

For frosting, I'm too cheap to purchase it separately or to even bother making it, so I just a little water to some of the red velvet mix and top off my microwaved cake with that. Reminds me of frosting, kinda taste like it too.

Note: No cream cheese though.

arghhhh <3

Replies

• MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Does it actually come out with a cake-like consistency? I've never heard of this before.
  • kitkatkarr
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Does it actually come out with a cake-like consistency? I've never heard of this before.

It comes out exactly like a cake. There's no taste of the diet coke either. I've read online that water works in place of the coke. Probably gonna give that one a try.
  • irenehb
    irenehb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I used Pepsi Max in a choc chip muffin mix and it gave it a nice fluffy texture. Highly recommend it.
    Couldn't taste the drink either just a nicer texture than plain water.
  • kitkatkarr
    Options
    irenehb wrote: »
    I used Pepsi Max in a choc chip muffin mix and it gave it a nice fluffy texture. Highly recommend it.
    Couldn't taste the drink either just a nicer texture than plain water.

Yea you're probably right. I just tried using water and it still came out fine but that's because my portion size is very veryyy small. Thank god I do not have to use the whole mix at once. :P Honestly, it taste pretty much the same with water lol