2nd week of body combat still no loss

Options
Hi everybody
feeling so disheartened last week I gained half a pound thought it was down to the new exercise body combat I've been doing. Been so good this week did the same routine and honestly thought this week will be my week but I stayed the same. Do I start looking at other things now like my food diary or do I just plug it out till the 3rd week continuing with combat which I love by the way. As much as I do love it I feel like it's not doing me any favours I have worked so hard these last 2 weeks more than I ever have and I have nothing to show for it. Just looking for a bit of support and encouragement really as I don't know what to do I'm the type of person that really gets motivated when I see the scales going down without it I just feel like what's the point. I have took measurements today which I've not done before any advice? I do weigh and log everything I found I've been eating more this week due to hunger so I've been eating my exercise calories do I stop this? Or is 2 weeks not long enough for my body to sort it all out

Replies

• leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Help pls
  • Krystle1984
    Krystle1984 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    2 weeks is nothing. You could be retaining water from the new exercise you've started doing.

Continue to weigh and log everything, eat back up to 50% of your exercise calories if you want and see where you are in another 2 weeks. I found when I started lifting weights the scale stayed the same for about 3 weeks, then 4lbs loss, just whoosh and it was gone!

Keep yourself hydrated and persevere. You'll get there!

P.s measurements are great to keep you motivated. Look for other signs - clothes fitting better, increased fitness etc. Don't make it all about the number on the scale. :)
  • Krystle1984
    Krystle1984 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Also should point out exercise for the sake of your health, not to lose weight. Weight loss can be done through diet alone!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    How many exercise calories have you been eating back...where are you getting the estimated burn from?
  • kyrannosaurus
    kyrannosaurus Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    How are you estimating the calories you are burning? Les Mills like to advertise that you *could* burn 600+ calories in a combat class... But very few people actually do.
  • leahcollett1
    Options
    I burn between 450 and 500 a class I get this from a HRM thanks krystal I thought that after 2 weeks the water would be good as I don't ache at all now so in result thought I was use to it. I do it to change my shape but I still want to lose 3 stone I've been told that exercise is pointless in weight loss but I wanna restrict calories and exercise cus I love it but at the minute I'm getting punished for it I'll keep Wat I'm doing this week I'll up my protein too see if that helps
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I burn between 450 and 500 a class I get this from a HRM thanks krystal I thought that after 2 weeks the water would be good as I don't ache at all now so in result thought I was use to it. I do it to change my shape but I still want to lose 3 stone I've been told that exercise is pointless in weight loss but I wanna restrict calories and exercise cus I love it but at the minute I'm getting punished for it I'll keep Wat I'm doing this week I'll up my protein too see if that helps

Body combat isn't steady state so best to cut that down - try eating back 50% calories to begin with. Then you can adjust once you have 6-8 weeks data

water weight can take a few weeks too
  • leahcollett1
    Options
    Ok only eat half back thanks hun
  • shonitahb
    shonitahb Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am facing the same thing! It's been two weeks and no results. Does any one use diet pills? Are there any diet pills that are safe and effective?
  • leahcollett1
    Options
    Nothing works other than eating a deficit.
  • leahcollett1
    Options
    shonitahb wrote: »
    I am facing the same thing! It's been two weeks and no results. Does any one use diet pills? Are there any diet pills that are safe and effective?

2 weeks into calorie counting or two weeks into incorporating a brand new exercise?
  • shonitahb
    Options
    Both
  • leahcollett1
    Options
    I'm hoping 3rd week is the charm lol
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,579 Member
    Options
    A couple of things to look at:

Are you accurate with how you're logging your food in terms of weighing?
    Body Combat is a good work out, but it's lots of HIIT which doesn't always translate well to an HRM.

While the scale is a good tool to have, it shouldn't be the best indicator of body change. That should be your clothes and a mirror.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • shonitahb
    Options
  • shonitahb
    Options
    Ok thanks
  • leahcollett1
    Options
    I'm going to try eat back just half of the calories earnt it might give me better results
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Just remember this takes a long time. It'll test your patience. Buckle up and keep at it. You're on the right track!
  • mjsimpson442
    mjsimpson442 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Don't give up but make some tweets to your routine.

I've found for me if I workout and keep my heart rate to about 55% of may max I lose fat. Working out above that level increases my cardio performance and may weight drop is very very slow Most of my training is road cycling. It can be mentally hard to ride slow to keep me in the fat burning range. I use my Polar watch and set my zone to 105 to 120. When I stick in the zone the Weight drops off.

If you like your combat training then stick with it and add a low impact walk 60 minutes a day. Remember to keep your heart rate between 50 to 65 percent of your max heart rate. To figure it out take (220 - your age) x .5 for your low end of the range and (220 - your age) x .65. Play with the high end of the range until you figure out what works for you.

• leahcollett1
    Options
    Don't give up but make some tweets to your routine.

I've found for me if I workout and keep my heart rate to about 55% of may max I lose fat. Working out above that level increases my cardio performance and may weight drop is very very slow Most of my training is road cycling. It can be mentally hard to ride slow to keep me in the fat burning range. I use my Polar watch and set my zone to 105 to 120. When I stick in the zone the Weight drops off.

If you like your combat training then stick with it and add a low impact walk 60 minutes a day. Remember to keep your heart rate between 50 to 65 percent of your max heart rate. To figure it out take (220 - your age) x .5 for your low end of the range and (220 - your age) x .65. Play with the high end of the range until you figure out what works for you.

This is proper odd to me I always thought that the higher the heart rate the bigger the fat burn I've calculated it 94-122 as my age is 31.
    if it's not raining tomorrow I'll go for a walk thanks