Motivation/Ideas/Help?

Options
babyj0
babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
Hello everyone!

So I decided to put my foot down. Officially. No more f****** around. I got do this, and I got to do this the right way.

I talked to my boyfriend about joining me in this weight loss journey, and he's all for it. Problem is.. he's a VERY picky eater. Doesn't like vegetables too much, and eats very plainly. He's about 5'10" and weighs 160. So he's a pretty thin guy. He loves to work out, and is very active with basketball. He decided he wants to focus on "bulking" up a bit. So my question to you fitness guys, what can he do and what can I make him that his picky self will eat? It is very tough to try to get him to eat ANYTHING different. He can't even stand the smell of fish. It is so frustrating! Because I love everything! Lol I've asked him if he's willing to try new things in order to get to his goal, and he said "as long as it smells good".

I'm researching stuff for him because he's not very computer friendly, and hates doing homework. So I'm here to push him and motive myself as well. :)

Replies

• babyj0
    Options
    *bump*
  • ChelseaM8726
    ChelseaM8726 Posts: 117
    Options
    you could always try recipes at www.eatyourselfskinny.com The website has delicious recipes for all!
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Does he like bacon? If so, add bacon to stuff.
  • babyj0
    Options
    He loves bacon.

But by itself. Lol
    Won't eat in anything. Unless it's scrambled eggs.
    And this is what I mean about a PICKY eater.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Make healthy/tasty food. Offer it to him and if he wants to eat something else that's his loss. I'm not saying deliberately include ingredients he hates but don't think you will be the one to turn a picky eater around. Only he can do that. He's an adult; it's his choice.

Don't make different tastes in foods into a contest of emotions. I have a very dear friend who says if other people tasted what he tastes when he has bell pepper it would not be considered food. If I were to forget and serve him green peppers, I would not consider it a challenge to his devotion to me or the quality of my cooking if he didn't eat it or even spat it out. I would just say, "On, no! I forgot" and he would respond by saying something like, "Everything else on the plate is delicious." I'd then offer him the fridge to forage for something he'd prefer. No harm, no foul.

Now, where does all this wisdom come from? Old age and good friends. Oh, and also bad behavior in my younger years. Do as I say, not as I did. :ohwell: