Bike riding videos?

Options
I have been scouring the Internet for videos of people cycling a route, preferably recorded from first person perspective. Either I am not using the right search terms or they don't exist because I can't seem to find them. I want them for a simple purpose: on my low-exercise days, I tend do cycle on low resistance and (relatively) slow speed on my stationary bike for about an hour, just to stay active. Currently, I either stare at the wall or the TV, but I would enjoy taking a visual ride through a city like New York or some forest trail much more. Do these videos exist...? Thank you in advance!

Replies

• twofastdogs
    twofastdogs Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Go to YouTube and look for "cycling scenery." They exist.
  • kittywrangler
    kittywrangler Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    How come you don't just go outside and ride a bike? (honest question, i'm not trying to be negative)
  • joolieb1
    joolieb1 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Well done for riding for an hour! Have u tried cycling round your area? It is great fun and interesting to see your neighbourhood at a slower pace!
  • Faithful_Chosen
    Faithful_Chosen Posts: 401 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    How come you don't just go outside and ride a bike? (honest question, i'm not trying to be negative)

My hereo! thank you! :love:
    joolieb1 wrote: »
    Well done for riding for an hour! Have u tried cycling round your area? It is great fun and interesting to see your neighbourhood at a slower pace!

Oh, I usually do an hour long spinning class or a few hours endurance biking, but then I just want music and a towel. This is for the rest days when I get soooooo bored on the bike. I usually in-line skate outside because my bike is crap but my goal--if I ever get the funds together--is to buy a cross country mountain bike and ride trails! Can't wait! Thank you for your suggestions :smiley:
  • Dex37
    Dex37 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I think they have apps on the ipad that cost money for each route. I looked it up once as well for indoor cycling. For my treadmill runs, I put a marathon race on the ipad since they are easy to find. They aren't first person though.
  • Faithful_Chosen
    Options
    Dex37 wrote: »
    I think they have apps on the ipad that cost money for each route. I looked it up once as well for indoor cycling. For my treadmill runs, I put a marathon race on the ipad since they are easy to find. They aren't first person though.

I don't have an iPad, but I can check. But a marathon is actually a pretty good idea to feel awesome while messing about :smirk: Thank you!
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Bitgym has several ride/run scenic routes. Several are free.
  • lthaus
    lthaus Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Depending on how much Pain you want.... As people have said you tube is great. But Check out Suffer Fest Videos. They are a beating.. GCN has workout videos on youtube as well. Not sure how much first person travel, but good selection...
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Yeah, Sufferfest is great (but not free). The videos will encourage you to do bursts of harder work, but you could always turn off the volume and just enjoy the ride. They do put you in a peleton with other cyclists, so it's less about the scenery.

Free YouTube searches:

GoPro mountain biking
    GoPro cycling
    Literally, "Bike Ride Through New York City"
    "Full Bike Ride Through New York's Central Park"
    look at related videos on the sidebar for London, Amsterdam, etc.
  • Faithful_Chosen
    Options
    HonuNui wrote: »
    Bitgym has several ride/run scenic routes. Several are free.

Noted! Thank you!
    lthaus wrote: »
    Depending on how much Pain you want.... As people have said you tube is great. But Check out Suffer Fest Videos. They are a beating.. GCN has workout videos on youtube as well. Not sure how much first person travel, but good selection...

Oh! that might be a good switch from Spinning every nwo and again, even if it's not free. Thank you! I will look this up! ^_
    Yeah, Sufferfest is great (but not free). The videos will encourage you to do bursts of harder work, but you could always turn off the volume and just enjoy the ride. They do put you in a peleton with other cyclists, so it's less about the scenery.

Free YouTube searches:

GoPro mountain biking
    GoPro cycling
    Literally, "Bike Ride Through New York City"
    "Full Bike Ride Through New York's Central Park"
    look at related videos on the sidebar for London, Amsterdam, etc.

Another hero! Thank you! :love: