Logging your weight.

go4me1
go4me1 Posts: 101 Member
Do you log your weight on mfp everyday??

Replies

• cole_carter
    cole_carter Posts: 174 Member
    no ... because it will certainly drive anyone crazy ... up a pound ... down a pound will happen from day to day naturally. Best advice is to do it once a week at the same time ... that way we get a more consistent trend.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Not normally. Weight changes a lot just over the day, never mind the week. If you want to track the actual trend, then every day is good, but I don't recommend that if you're just starting because it can be discouraging. Once a week is good for general tracking to make sure everything is going as planned. Make it the same time of the day, though, so you have a proper baseline.
  • go4me1
    go4me1 Posts: 101 Member
    Do ya"ll go to my progress on the mobile or web on mfp and track your weight I mean??
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    I'm in maintenance now, but when I was losing I had to weigh the same thing 3 days in a row before I would log it. Also since I was tracking my calories, and never overate by more than a few hundred calories at a time, if my weight went up I didn't log it since I knew it had to be water. I wanted my record to show true weight loss, not daily readings of the scale.
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    I used to be guilty of doing that daily weigh in cycle, Now I will only be logging my weight on Mondays, once a week to keep my sanity. lol
  • DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    I do. For whatever reason fluctuations never bothered me, and I'm a "more data is better" kinda guy. It's a habit at this point in the morning to weigh then put the number in. Soon i'll have my Withings WiFi scale and this will become even easier. I'll use trendweight.com to look at actual changes in my weight.
  • SunnyPacheco
    SunnyPacheco Posts: 142 Member
    I always weigh myself first thing in the morning. It's a habit and I just like to know. I usually work out pretty intensely so any upward fluctuations don't really bother me like they used to when I never worked out, even after a big cheat day. But I'm trying to gain muscle so I don't mind.